Jackson neck/Fender body

Hi!

I've got a late '90 Jackson "Professional Series"(import) neck that's going on a '79 strat body.

The neck pocket isn't wide enough to accomadate the Jackson neck,& even when it will be widened,the fretboard lip is going to sit very close to the top of the body.I'm assuming a back-route will be needed(OFR) for more "up range".

2 questions,mainly...

1)About what would I be looking at($) for this routing work,&

2)Approx how deep should the trem route be,I usually like to have at least a whole step up,but a coupla' my guitars go up about 2 1/2 steps.

Thanx in advance!!!

Hmm... you only have the body of that '79 strat? I found this link estimating it's value. Even if you don't have the original neck, etc. it seems a shame to route it. Have you considered either buying or building another body?

Well,I did get the body off of eBay($80ish),but...umm...another pause...

It's been refinned "Gloss Pepto Pink",routed for a bridge hb,& the Floyd studs are installed...

I'm just putting one together that I've wanted for a long while,but I had no money & there was no eBay back then...But at least I had some hair!!!

When I'm done,it'll be 2 hb with a black p/g & pink mounting rings!!!

Pretty "gaudy",eh?

Our singer's gonna HATE it,so I'm trying to keep this on the "DownLow",as the kiddies say!!!

I WISH it was original '79,I'd put my Blackmore(MIJ) neck on it!!!

Have you gone over to see Chip and ask him about the work yet, he usually knows somebody that will give a fair price and do great work.

No.

I talked to "the help" about 2 weeks ago about getting a Floyd nut shelf installed,he said the guy who does the work just kinda pops in every now & then,picking stuff up or dropping it off.I left my # & what work I needed done,haven't heard anything,but they usually are kinda busy during the holidays.

I talked to Buddy @ Don's,but he said just to bring it over & he'd take a look,but I still have to get a coupla' parts before it can be completely assembled.I think the replacement nut is gonna be the biggest PITA to get,I've found some tuners on eBay,& I'll probably get the p/g from Warmoth.I also may have to buy a 4-bolt neckplate,as well,but the guy I got the body from supplied the original 3-bolt style.

I've got a friend who can do the p/up & bridge routes,but I'd rather pay someone a little more for the "detail" work...

Happy Holidays,Brian!!!

Did you ever find out about the Sonic Blue Bobbin Toppers?

I need to order a few black & cremes,but I figured I'd find out what was up with the blue ones before ordering...

Thanx again,fellas!!!