1000k pots?

The Nordic Gawd

Look for 1 Megohm (sci-speak for 1000 K) audio taper pots - any good electronics supplier should have 'em. I use Mouser and Digi-Key, but there's hundreds of others. You might even check your local Radio Snark, if you can get past Howie and Shaq. And yes, a 1 Meg (or even 2 Meg) pot will boost the high end on any passive pickup. Ditto for tone pots, but you'll have to change the cap value for the same frequency response. If you double the value of the pot, then cut the cap value in half.

Thanks for clarifying that, Brian. I hadn't been to your site in a while, but I thought I remembered you having real CTS pots in 1 meg, and that your pricing was better than Stew-Mac or Guitar Electronics. That's why I was so confused, didn't want to cause trouble, I was just afraid that my senile dementia was kicking up. :D

on brians site. no offense at all to brian. universal jems is a GREAT site and i go all the time. I just need something a little cheaper. i know ill check out my local radioshack.

:D Sure you were on the right page? Scroll down they are under $4

Anyway Radio shack is probably closer B)

Hmm... yeah, couldn't find anything for $20 on that page.

Brian, how smooth are these pots? By smooth, I mean, for pinky volume swells ala EVH Cathedral.

• 1 month later...