official carrieburst thread

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Ver glad we made it year...glad I got a job too.

I am doing a cherry top. T went wood shopping, and found an exquisite piece of quilted cherry. Enough for 3 or 4 tops. amazing stuff. I also found out that basswood is $3.99/bf and poplar is $3.09/bf. Honduran Mahogany is $6.49/bf. All prices for 8/4. Would poplar sound good with cherry? Cherry is so scarily bright, I need something to tone it down. They are holding $150 in wood for me....might get less purpleheart and more body woods.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snork's hittin' the hippie lettuce agin'. :D

I have no idea what he's talking about.

'First Carriburst entry'...***???

Snorkie, please stick to the rules or we'll PR your young-stah arse! :D

1) That ain't no carriburst to begin with

2) It sure wasn't built by any of the 12 carriburst members

3) It's March '04, not January '05

4) BTW, WHAT the HELL you smokin' boy? :DB)B):D

Well, you can t be in the competition for the tutorial, but there nothin that says you cant compete in the GOTM Jan '05 with a carrie, unless there is disagree ment from the others in the fellowship of the carrieburst.

the color scheme has to be blue/green???

Pretty much. We've allowed -some- slack in that dept'., but not much...a Carriburst is a carriburst, I think we all know by now what one is and what one isn't. That doesn't even make it in the ballpark. If you think that that IS a carriburst...I'm scared. :D

i was just trying to do the guy a favor he asked me to put it on the site for him... and he helped me out with my guitar a lot..... jesus sorry.

Then I think you should maybe have posted it in Electric Guitars or Work Under Progress sections, and just said 'look at what one of my friends built, check it out, isn't it nice?...Instead of posting it here, where it doesn't belong, and saying that 'it blows all of us away', and 'First Official Carriburst Entry' or whatever it was you said, you should let us say what we want to say about it.

...Still 10 months to go, you're still making me nervous. B)

Just ask the mods to re-post it in the proper forum.

Fair enough?

It seems to be shaping up that there's going to be some ultra-modern Metal carribursts and some more traditional carribursts.

Hmmmmmmmm......

It's gonna be a 'kewwwwl' January!

PS, unless someone has issues with it, I might make 2 different examples...just tossing that out now... :D

Well, I already said I am doing 2. I am also using some different techniqyes on each. Here's some more experimenting I did. I did this at wallyworld, and as fast as I could. They tend to get bitchy if you test things out there. They say it is stealing to test out the paint. :D

Feb09152.JPGFeb09153.JPG

Feb09154.JPGFeb09155.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you drak. After I get my car done (the wife has spoken) I will start mine. So....3 weeks out. I am ready to do this one up. Cheers and good luck. Lets have some fun!

I am ready to do this one up. Cheers and good luck. Lets have some fun!

Yup-yup :D

Get this winter stuff out of the way and get the building jets fired up again.

Just in the past week I've noticed myself coming out of the winter doldrums and pulling some guitar projects out again.

Me and these East Coast winters just don't get along too well much anymore.

I should just move to Hawaii (or SoCal)and get it over with! B)

Carriburst Arrrrrrrriba! :D

well now it is 70 degrees...cold doesn't last long here

Well now, that's much more to my liking B)

:D:D:D BTW, Ahhhhhhhhh Carrrrrrriba! B):D:D

The Carriburst is now officially underway!

Got the body cut out today, and some extra plans finalized. I had to go to Home Depot and find a little machine screw for my scroll saw which was completely down until I found that lil' bugger, (it clamps the bottom of the blade in place), but surprising to me, I found the exact right one. Got a fresh supply of the extra thick-n-meaty blades that I use to cut out thick body blanks with, and whoola! Carrrrribaburst is underway!

We are now in an official GO MODE!

B)B)B)