Ormsby Guitars - Tony's Birdseye Customshop Ss

Great work :D love it. did you ever post the build of the guitar thats going to be amazing like crazy? spending that guys child inheritance? haha, oh i Love how you made your headstock. Its like a cut out of PRS' Headstock. and i love PRS' headstock haha

Great work :D love it. did you ever post the build of the guitar thats going to be amazing like crazy? spending that guys child inheritance? haha, oh i Love how you made your headstock. Its like a cut out of PRS' Headstock. and i love PRS' headstock haha

Not yet, cause we are two years away from that one. Damn waiting lists!! :D

I have started it though... inlay design laid out, materials selected, but thats it.

Perry,

This is simply outstanding work. I'm completely speechless. Could you shed some light as to how you got the maple top to form to the mahogany body? Did you bend it with steam? It's driving me nuts trying to figure it out! Once again the guitar is astounding.

Thanks,

Frank

Perry,

This is simply outstanding work. I'm completely speechless. Could you shed some light as to how you got the maple top to form to the mahogany body? Did you bend it with steam? It's driving me nuts trying to figure it out! Once again the guitar is astounding.

Thanks,

Frank

You've seen kerfed linings in an acoustic? Imagine that, under the top. Only in the area needed, and dont slot within 5mm of the edge (to avoid having to use binding). No steam required. Use a dremel to slot.

:D

That was my other guess, but I wondered about how you did it without going all the way to the edge. Simply awesome!!!! Thanks so much!! I hope to one day do something like this. I can't get over how beautiful it looks. Someday I will do this!!

Thanks again for the response,

Frank

Perry,

How many guitars do you think you've built? I need something to re-assure me that there is hope for my building. I think I'm doing pretty good, then I see your work. It's so top quality I think you must have built a few million and have been doing it for at least 300 years.

I'm very impressed with the workmanship.

-john

Well Perry you have asked for feedback... First class build quality , love the drop top and neck / headstock,fretboard. I think the neck join looks a bit sus for strength. Don`t like the colour at all ,It looks too pretty .The cavity covers look a mess. Black plastic (god forbid ,would look better) Sometimes customers should be limited in what they ask for, its your name on the headstock and thats what people are going to remember. Anyway I bet it plays great and as long as thats the case all is well with the world. keep em coming.

Well Perry you have asked for feedback... First class build quality , love the drop top and neck / headstock,fretboard. I think the neck join looks a bit sus for strength. Don`t like the colour at all ,It looks too pretty .The cavity covers look a mess. Black plastic (god forbid ,would look better) Sometimes customers should be limited in what they ask for, its your name on the headstock and thats what people are going to remember. Anyway I bet it plays great and as long as thats the case all is well with the world. keep em coming.

Thanks. There is more surface area in this joint, than a Les Paul, so Im sure it will be fine. Thats my benchmark.

Fantastic build Perry, love the colour.

2 things I would change

1 . As has been mentioned, the covers look out of place (even though they match the neck)

2. The Heel. It just doesn't flow for me. I would like to see a smooth transition without the step. It would probably feel better as well.

Would it put me off wanting one NO!