Home Recording...

canuckguitarist

If you are like me and play in a vocer band there is no sibstitute for line 6, you can recreate so many different sounds on the fly. And if you are doing originals there is so much versatility that you can really explore different sounds in the same song. and finally if you are trying to recreate layered tracks you've cut live the line 6 is also perfect for that as well (check out the vetta's). I think thatsaying line 6 is the lazy man's way is crazy. I don't use line 6 because im lazy, or because I'm unable to buy better equipment. I use line 6 becuase I believe in the sound pumping out of them. I've played marshall, fender, roland, a great warm supro, crate, and peavey. I perfer Line 6. I can understand that some people wont dig how it sounds but that doesn't mean you should dismiss it's capablities!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you can plug direct at 2:45am with phones and record... while the 2 year old gently sleeps 2 doors down. :D

speedy that is the only thing that is good about them!

as far as the sound of line 6's, i can hear a total difference and its not a good one, trust me if it sounded good i might consider trying one, its not like i love luggin around a heavy amp and a bunch of pedals to shows but hey they sound a lot better! ive seen and heard a few bands that use the line 6 amps and i can tell before i even see the amp what they are using. im sorry but they just dont have good sounds. imo

but to each his or her own! i will stick with my mesa!

what mesa do you have? i had a dual rectumfrier half stack... talk about heavy, dude it was like luggin a volkswagon!! :D

i use a mesa dc-5 combo, it sounds great! it is heavy though, im gonna be building a mesa styled 2x12 cab for it soon, it will help for the "on stage " performances and looks!

... talk about heavy, dude it was like luggin a volkswagon!! yeah but its better than a stinkin volkswagon! those are Hitlers revenge!

Hi guys,

this tube or not tube is a waiste of time both of the things have good and bad points about them.

real tube amps

give a nice sound and get good natural harmonics and so on but the drawback is that the tubes could go out in the middle of a gig or get broken during transport and you guys know how expensive poweramp tubes can get and tube have a mileage limit(like a year or so if you play a lot).

line6 and it peers

get alot of different sounds in 1 unit(dont need 30 different amps) are reliable as far as not going out in the middle of a gig(no tubes) dont have to buy tubes for it which is a running cost.

I own a line6 pod pro and a ADA mp1 with a EL84 20/20 power amp and have figured out that with some tools like a 31 band eq and a few other things you can get good sounds out of both.If you cant get the sound you are looking for than 90% of the time the problem is how you setup or as my buddy said "the problem is sitting 2 feet away from the amp"

Example:

Dimebag Warhead is Solidstate

Metallica mesa boogie is all tube

and both get killer sounds

Peace out

i just want to clarify that tubes are damn hard to break...i fell facefirst in my grandfathers pasture about 10 years ago holding a fender all tube amp...it rolled a good 20 feet and it didn't damage a single tube.

also tubes don't just go out in the middle of a gig...or if they do i have never heard of it...the sound just gradually gets crappier.

the main difference is the ability of a tube amp to cut through the mix and be heard...greater prescence if you will

well... the band before me at a talent (or lack of) show had a rhythm guitarist whose marshall power valves went just before the curtains opened! total death, and i just stood and giggled, as everyone started running about looking for a DI for the PA system, lol!