Premade neck question

MzI

I got a premade bolt-on neck. it looks like it has the 2 degree angle already factored in because i measured it at the front of the neck pocket part and the very end of the neck and it seems to be slightly larger in the end part would this be the neck angle factored in or do i need to still rout my neck pocket and place a shim for the neck angle btw im using a tom no trems for me

MzI

I got a premade bolt-on neck. it looks like it has the 2 degree angle already factored in

----because i measured it at the front of the neck pocket part and the very end of the neck and it seems to be slightly larger in the end part ----

This isn't quite making sense to me yet. Are you measuring the bottom of the neck heel, or the neck pocket in the body of the guitar?

Exactly what are you measuring?

Who made it and where did you buy it?

Was it advertised as having this type of angle?

Did you install it on the body and hold a 4' rule over the frets to 'really' see?

It's pretty rare to find something like this and not fully well know about it beforehand, so I'm not 100% going to believe that someone did that just yet to your neck.

would this be the neck angle factored in or do i need to still rout my neck pocket and place a shim for the neck angle btw im using a tom no trems for me

i got the neck from a friend of my dads who is a luthier i didnt talk to him he just gave it to my dad so i dont know anything about it, the part i was measuring was the front of the heel and the back of the heel the front of the heel was just under 1 inch and the back was a shade over 1 inch. i plan on calling the guy i got it from tomarrow to check with him, also i have yet to cut the neck pocket seeing as i just rough shaped my body with the bandsaw a lil while ago

MzI