Manual or automatic

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

manual or automatic?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:D I really hate this icon. hahaha...

I drive a manual transmission 4-banger Toyota 4x4 pickup. Wouldn't trade it for the world. By that, I mean, I wouldn't trade it unless I was getting another standard with 6cyl. by Toyota. Here in the Tropics of Maine, if you dont have 4 wheel drive; you dont get out of you driveway this time of year. And if you drive an automatic, its because "they didnt have this model with manual transmission at the dealer!"

6 speeds are almost point-less because so many cars are electronically limited so low that you can reach your top speed in 5th gear.

Think you're missing the point there little canuk. Six speed means that you can have a closer ratio gearbox.

I've got 6 speed on the bike and a very very close ratio box.

You learn something new every day: I thought that most of you Americans prefered autos, but it seems that you don't really B) .

Keep your eye out for dual cluth semi autos :D , Ricardo (engine geezers) reckon that they will make up about 60% of all new gear boxes by 2010.

i was about to mention semi autos! ever since i drove one ill never really appreciate a regular manual. its an auto, but you have control of when it shifts =D custom made and bought by a friend of mine, he put it in his 68 falcon with a 427 cobra jet.

im all about autos though, because i like to drive big boats that are comfortable!

I like my 99 Sentra. Its a fun car to drive, but not so fun for snow... i mean, ya the front wheel drive is good if you're stuck and the front wheels are touching the ground, but chances are that you'll have stuff in the back, and the front wheels won't be touching... so ya that sucked quite a few times on the way to college >.<

But anyway, it warms up nice and fast, gets about 400 miles on its 10 gal tank, and doesn't cost much to keep maintained ^.^ Now if i could only find a way to get perminant all wheel drive in it.