got my new amp!

ultraman

So i finally got it !!!

After discussing my buy with some people on this forum and testing it out myself, i decided it was fit for me.

I found another one for a little cheaper in another shop while i was hunting...

It sounds great!!!

The clean channel is just beautiful and has a crunch setting which makes it sound really bluesy.

The distortion on the other hand, isnt the best like some people have pointed out to me.But it doesnt matter too much because i have a boss me-50 multi effects board.

It came with a solid footswitch which even can control the reverb unlike the newer models.I just love it.Its loaded with a 12 inch celestion speaker and not a marshall heritage.It cost me 500$ with the footswitch.( 50$ less than in my local shop!)

i love it!

Theres one problem i came across with this amp. Have a look Here

i am really sour on changing tubes. my old dual recto had like 100 tubes in it. i had to change them last year...300 bucks for tubes!!! my 5150 which replaced the recto, only has 5 12ax7s and 2 6L6s... paradise :D

peedy McFeely Posted on Jan 2 2004, 12:16 AM

i am really sour on changing tubes. my old dual recto had like 100 tubes in it. i had to change them last year...300 bucks for tubes!!! my 5150 which replaced the recto, only has 5 12ax7s and 2 6L6s... paradise 

yeh tubes are expensive!