Fretboard Issues

i would assume any kind of sawing action would remove most of the frets for you :D

if your insisting on not removing the frets; a mistake as i see it; sanding would be the way to go; like on an edge sander that has a hard back like 40 grit oxi paper and long enuff to hit the entire edge at once; and your still gonna have to redo the ends of the frets; but i think its the only way i'd encourage

learning would save you alot of time!

never tried it; but "sawing" thru frets does not sound like any sort of fun; and im telling you, this sort of thinking in this application will not get you what your after; first if you saw thru a fret, chances are (even if theyre epoxied in) most if not all will shake free from friction and/or heat (glued) and even if you got thru to the board, you would still have the tangs inthe wood to deal with which will be nightmare with any kind of wood blade, and a metal blade has no decent chance of gettin it done for you, if you somehow have the patience to get thru past this stage, your gonna have to level the edge again; hoping you didnt slip and eat into parts of the desired board; where the best method would be an edge sander so its actually straight; and after all that; your going to have to dress the fret ends; and really i think thats the challenging part of fretting (perfect radiusing and leveling of the board i think is the next 'challenging')

good luck; sounds like you might wanna get a new board

:D

learning would save you alot of time!

never tried it; but "sawing" thru frets does not sound like any sort of fun; and im telling you, this sort of thinking in this application will not get you what your after; first if you saw thru a fret, chances are (even if theyre epoxied in) most if not all will shake free from friction and/or heat (glued) and even if you got thru to the board, you would still have the tangs inthe wood to deal with which will be nightmare with any kind of wood blade, and a metal blade has no decent chance of gettin it done for you, if you somehow have the patience to get thru past this stage, your gonna have to level the edge again; hoping you didnt slip and eat into parts of the desired board; where the best method would be an edge sander so its actually straight; and after all that; your going to have to dress the fret ends; and really i think thats the challenging part of fretting (perfect radiusing and leveling of the board i think is the next 'challenging')

good luck; sounds like you might wanna get a new board

:D

Im going to try sanding...i find sanding to be relaxing :D

Personally, I would start over and use this board for something with a wider neck (if I understand your problem). It's just easier to make something right the first time rather than trying to make it fit something else.

Personally, I would start over and use this board for something with a wider neck (if I understand your problem). It's just easier to make something right the first time rather than trying to make it fit something else.

The only problem with this is that i paid 70$ for this board...