Fiesta Red Telecaster

With Cinco de Mayo coming up tomorrow, it seems fitting to complete this Fiesta Red Tele...my last Tele for awhile. The build was done for the 11th anniversary of telecaster.com with a budget limit of $210...I came in with $1.38 to spare. It was built from scratch. The hardware and electronics are a mixed bag of new and used. For the money I spent on it, it sounds really nice. I'll post some sound clips in the next day or so.

For awhile there, I didn't think I would finish in time. There were lots of issues with getting this one completed. Not the least of which were my Wolfgang and PRS 22 builds. :D

The build is HERE if you want to follow along.

I couldn't decide which photos to post so here's a bunch. It's hard to see in the pics but the finish is trans red...some of the grain from the alder shows thru...the camera flash makes it look more opaque.

fin01.jpg

fin12.jpg

fin03.jpg

fin04.jpg

fin05.jpg

fin06.jpg

fin07.jpg

fin11.jpg

fin02.jpg

fin13.jpg

Peace,

Mark

Dude, that´s a nice color, but it needs an eagle. Maybe inlay a peso coin?

Man, what about a Tele with the Mexican flag, similar to the one you did with the Texas theme?? :D If I were to do it, it´d look soooooo tacky.

Thanks! I'm diggin' the red too. It's ColoTone red pigment straight out of the bottle...nothing mixed with it.

Peace,

Mark

Nice work. This years Tele Challenge was incredible! Wish we could put something like that together here.

Thanks! It was alot of fun...would have been more fun if I hadn't put it off until the last minute...that was a serious 72 hour run before the contest closed! :D

Peace,

Mark

+1 The build challenge on project guitar but maybe not limited to one body style. perhaps just a set price goal to make the best guitar we can.