Solo

Curtis P

The solo from CRAZY TRAIN by Ozzy, and performed by RANDY RHOADS, its tapping, pulloffs, and maybe hammer ons? i got the tablature from ORIGINAL RANDY RHOADS book, but, i do not know where to tap, i was supposed to learn from my friend's dad, but he does not have the timer to teach me

Curtis

CANUCK-yeah he tapped the first note of each arpeggio twice in that solo. also if you are going to play the solo on a non trem guitar like a paul. there is a section where he is trilling a minor third ( i believe) and goes down a minor third with the trem bar. You can achieve this easily by tapping the trill and then repeating the pattern a minor third down. BTW IMO its the greatest solo ever written ( not the technically hardest or the most melodic, it just fits the song better than I've ever heard a guitar solo fit a song. It's the reson I play guitar) :D:DB)

( not the technically hardest or the most melodic, it just fits the song better than I've ever heard a guitar solo fit a song. It's the reson I play guitar) :DB):D

Yeah, it's a great solo. But what about Friedman's solo on Megadeth's Tornado of Souls? Or in Lucretia?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the help, i can do the tapping awesome now, but, right after the tapping, i think the tappin part, is it: 9h12 9h12 9h12 9h12 8h11 8h11 8h11 8h11 7h10 7h10 7h10 7h10?

this is on the A string (second thinnest)

Thanks alot guys

Curtis

Isn't there one little part where it works better to tap with your guitar pick held sideways ? I remember doing something like that when I used to play it. It's a real fast tapping part, where the string is being bent, while the tapping is going on. Maybe I'm thinking of another song ?

I got this great "note for note" cassette tape I bought in the 80's that teaches all the Randy Rhoads solos. It's very accurate. 'Rock performers method', or something like that.

Thanks for the help, i can do the tapping awesome now, but, right after the tapping, i think the tappin part, is it: 9h12 9h12 9h12 9h12 8h11 8h11 8h11 8h11 7h10 7h10 7h10 7h10?

this is on the A string (second thinnest)

Thanks alot guys

Curtis

when I play that part I just play 9h12 and hit the whammy bar to lower the note.