12-string Tuners With Odd Spacing

I have a really beat up old Hagstrom BJ12 or possible H33 12-stringer in for restoration (maybe should have put this in the acoustic section...). The body were cracked, the neck block (screw attachment!) were dislocated by "excessive external force" and there are no less than 6 holes in the top after controls for built in pickups. Those things can be handled. However the tuners are beyond salvage. So I need to find new tuners that fit. The thing is that the post spacing (outer post center to outer post center) is 115mm/4.5276" and they are of the "6 on a plate" version. I would really like to keep the original appearance and stay with that look, but can't seem to find proper replacement tuners. I have even tried calling the Hagstrom museum here in Sweden and they could "only" provide me with a NOS sound hole pickup (OK two holes are fixed then, only four left to handle...) Does anyone know were to get tuners that will fit? I have tried Stewmac, Allparts, evilbay but I still have not been able to find anything. So some help here would really be appreciated.

I have a really beat up old Hagstrom BJ12 or possible H33 12-stringer in for restoration (maybe should have put this in the acoustic section...). The body were cracked, the neck block (screw attachment!) were dislocated by "excessive external force" and there are no less than 6 holes in the top after controls for built in pickups. Those things can be handled. However the tuners are beyond salvage. So I need to find new tuners that fit. The thing is that the post spacing (outer post center to outer post center) is 115mm/4.5276" and they are of the "6 on a plate" version. I would really like to keep the original appearance and stay with that look, but can't seem to find proper replacement tuners. I have even tried calling the Hagstrom museum here in Sweden and they could "only" provide me with a NOS sound hole pickup (OK two holes are fixed then, only four left to handle...) Does anyone know were to get tuners that will fit? I have tried Stewmac, Allparts, evilbay but I still have not been able to find anything. So some help here would really be appreciated.

If it is the ones I think it is you will need to find actual Hagstrom tuners... the buttons are unique.

Would it be possible to switch the guts of the tuners with possibly Hagstrom 6 string ones using the old plates?

Har du kollat med http://www.hagstromparts.se/?

Jupp, I've tried with them but they have a autoreply on the mail right now...

If it is the ones I think it is you will need to find actual Hagstrom tuners... the buttons are unique.

Would it be possible to switch the guts of the tuners with possibly Hagstrom 6 string ones using the old plates?

Thats an interesting idea. I'll have to consider that if nothing else pops up.

Thanks for the help guys

This is sad sad news:

http://www.hagstrom-vintage-guitars.se/

I was in contact with Karl-Erik just a week ago regarding those tuners. A very helpful gentleman. He will be missed