Snakewood Stuff

verhoevenc

So I have come into a TON of snakewood. I'm talkin' like 150 binding strips or so, a couple fretboards, and then bridge blanks, headplates (but I'm keeping all those).

Either way, I'm gunna try and get some pictures up tonight of the stuff, but in the meantime here's what I'm thinkin' price wise:

Bindings: $10 a strip (beats lowest price you can find by at least a couple bucks)

Fretboards: $80 (go take a peak at Gilmer's price...)

Bridge blanks: We'll have to talk about these, cause all 4 are different sizes so we'll have to find which works for you. But somewhere around $25 probably.

Keep in mind that these are prices. However, shipping and handling will only be exactly what the cost is.

Chris

Edit: Pictures

Alright, here's the binding. Hard to photograph but it has classic high figure snakewood pattern. There's a couple sticks here and there without it (to the left in picture) but these aren't what I will be sending out. All bindings will be high B to A grade for figure (same thing you'll get when ordering sight unseen from places like LMII, Allied, etc.), and all have been cut for zero runout as to simplify bending this difficult wood. They are all 34" or longer.

snakebindings.jpg

(*This is about a 2" or so section!*)

Here's the fretboards. Yes there are cracks. NO cracks will get in your way. They are all either outside a 2.25" width, or one board has a shallow horizontal crack that will radius out with even a 16" radius. IE: These boards are good to go! All are 20.5" length, and over 1/4" thick. I am also happy to offer free slotting (although then no returns available) of any scale I have already (Most Gibson scales, PRS, and Fender).

snakefbs.jpg

snakefbsclose.jpg

Lastly, here are the bridge blanks. If you're interested let me know the size of the bridge you use and I will check dimensions as all of them are different sizes.

snakebridges.jpg

Chris

Sorry Wez. No neck blanks. I actually wanted to! But when we cut the log open it became apparent I wasn't gunna get any. This stuff does NOT dry well lol. So yeah, just LOTS or binding is all we could get while avoiding drying cracks in the log. But heck, a little snakewood goes a LONG way on an instrument. I mean...

DSCN1352.jpg

Chris

PS: I would consider the above snakewood equal in figure to the bindings for sale.

I'm just lucky all my cracks are out of the way :D Sometimes you win hahahaha.

Chris

PS: That superglue on the boards is where the cracks are if anybody hadn't figured that out. There to make sure they don't move around as well as to let you know where they are. That also means they're not that big since you're seeing a pool of glue AROUND the crack.

• 3 weeks later...