Busy With Client Inlay Projects

If you're wondering why there hasn't been any undates on the SciFi guitar project, it's because I've been too busy working on client projects. Stuff for me always comes last :D

However, today I just finished something really cool and thought you might like to take a look.

blueheronlarge.jpg

That is just stooopid good. Am I seeing some brush work in the feathers? Magnificent.

SR

Yes, the feathers draping down from the neck and the ones on the back were painted on. All the rest is either shell, recon stone, and two pieces of acryllic for the center part of the neck and the top of the body. There was just no way to get that effect with inlay so I turned to paint. I wanted the feathers to be somewhat transparent so you could see the material behind it.

That is absolutely unreal, mate.

How big is it? It's hard to tell from the picture.

It's 5"x3". It's an electronics cover for a Grateful Dead style guitar being build by Post Guitars

Beautiful work. Its a shame its going to be hidden on the back of the guitar.

Just out of curiosity how long does something like that take start to finish and what does it set your client back?

That is absolutely unreal, mate.

How big is it? It's hard to tell from the picture.

It's 5"x3". It's an electronics cover for a Grateful Dead style guitar being build by Post Guitars

Beautiful work. Its a shame its going to be hidden on the back of the guitar.

Just out of curiosity how long does something like that take start to finish and what does it set your client back?

Actually, it's going on the front of the guitar. Grateful Dead, style cover go on the guitar below the bridge. Here is a picture of a different one on make on the guitar.

fullbody.jpg

It took about two weeks from start to finish, but that was not working time just elasped time. As far as pricing, I don't like to talk about that on forums. Email if your really interested.