Type Of Wood?

its not maple it may have a maple veneer but thats it.

with fenders mim guitars they put a veneer over the front and back to keep the glue joints from showing since most of them are made from four or five pieces of wood. i would say if its not ply thats what you have but like Sam said theres a good chance of it being ply.

also, would you really buy anything online from a guy who's email addy is conman_02-at-hotmail? :D

looking at the bass side/bridge end horn, you can see where the top has been sanded through to the 2nd layer of the ply.

what about something like this? guy will take 40 bucks for it.... from the reviews online apparently its a solid maple body? im just looking for something to tinker around with like someone said earlier in the thread

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-mu...QAdIdZ221740117

Edited by wootang

You get what you pay for. I can almost guarantee that it's plywood.

If you want a cheap beater, either take a look in a pawn shop or look into the low-end Dean, Yamaha, Peavey, Ibanez, or BC Rich entry-level instruments. They'll be playable for around $125-$175 new. You can sometimes find them on sale at Guitar Center for under $100.

Thumbs up on the Pacifica. I have one of the Strats. I put new tuners on it and installed some lace pickups that I got of the bay, shielded the body andthe pickguard, as well as cleaned up some rough frets. It plays and sounds very nice and I learned some along the way