cheap guitar neck?

hers my story im building a guitar outta some leftover wod etc nad im tryin to find a cheap neck...the guitar isnt gonna be the greatest its gonna be more of a model/mock up/prototype so i dont want to spend to much on it.......whers the cheaapsest place to get a neck preferably freeted etc.....most websites are charginf usually in the hundreds so i was wondering if anyone knew a cheap place to obtain one. another thing i was thinking o doing was just buying a old shyte guitar form somewhere and suin the neck off of the seeing as i could prolly get aold beatup one for abotu 60-90 ish and if i did this would it be possible to take a bolt on neck and make it a set in neck on the new guitar? im tihnkin abotu using a TOM bridge so i know that affects the neck i wnat to use

so to sum it up:

1)whats the cheapes place to get a guitar neck

2)would it be ok to canniblaize a shyte guitar

3) coudl i use a bolt as a set in

one thing to keep in mind when using a bolt on neck as a set neck is the lack of glueing area.on a set neck the heel is designed in such a way that it has a better glueing surface than a bolt on,and the tenon is comppletely surrounded in wood.

i made my carved top set neck with a taller heel that is much the same as a bolt on,but the main difference is the wood surrounds as much of the heel as possible.

heel_0005.jpg

heel_0006.jpg

heel_0007.jpg

heel_0007.jpg

Machine screws/ threaded inserts provide a tighter connection of body and neck, allow you to keep bare wood pieces in tight contact with each other. No glue to dampen the tone, plus it can be taken apart.

Most ebay necks are warped, twisted. Ok, I don't have enough experience with ebay necks to say this, BUT, I've had 3 Ebay necks sent to me for fret-work in the past 4 months. All 3 had bowing that the truss-rod couldn't get out, a "rising tongue". 2 were twisted pretty good.

But people pay for these ebay necks as if they are necks in perfect condition. makes it impossible to get a neck in need of repair for a really good price (that would allow you to fix the neck and be able to sell it and make money from your work)