2nd Build - Single Cut Junior

mannym

You are welcome.And you are right,it is so much easier to find the bad spots while you are sanding...On my latest,I did all of the work inside(bad weather),and when I thought I was finished and I took it out into the sun to get good pics I saw every single tiny scratch I missed and the ones I did while assembling. :D

So now I have to redo it..but that just goes to show you that every time you take it outside it will stick out and that is all you will see.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

All I can say is I love Micro mesh.

The pads arrrived in teh mail and I levelled the surface with 400, 600 wet, 800 wet a nd 1200 wet.

Then the wet sanding with teh micromesh began. all teh way upto 12,000. I round of cutting compound and some polishing with disk pad and soft cloth and now I can say its finished as well as I could get it done.

Im happy with the way things panned out especially after back tracking on teh original paint job. I also love what these little pads did for my frets.

Thanks to everyone's advice and heres to the next one!!

Cheers

Manny

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished6.jpg

That is so much better.That is a guitar I would be proud to play. :D

On the next one you might consider putting the neck further in to the body...I usually set the last fret right even with the cutaway..still gives extreme access while pulling the headstock closer to your body for better balance and more comfortable playing while standing.

That is so much better.That is a guitar I would be proud to play. :D

On the next one you might consider putting the neck further in to the body...I usually set the last fret right even with the cutaway..still gives extreme access while pulling the headstock closer to your body for better balance and more comfortable playing while standing.

Cheers Wes. That little piece of advice made all the difference regarding the finish.

On the neck the tenon actually comes down to just inside the pick guard edge closest to the pickup. The fret board may make it seem a little shallow but theres a good 3 inches of tenon there past the end of the fretboard. Having said that its a little neck heavy - but not as heavy as the body. This one's going to be played sitting down! Im afraid of weighing it as I will hit double figures (in pounds). Probably looking at a 10-12 pounder there.

Cheers

Manny