Pickup Logos

Jon Bell

I don't really care much for them, but i understand why it's become so important for them in the last few years. It's the pickup manufacturers' way of making sure their "name brand" gets recognized, especially when their products are being used as OEM parts on factory guitars.

I'd rather they just branded the underside of the baseplates (and included some kind of stamp or sticker indicating the model number).

That wold actually be a very good idea because it's hard to tell the pickups from one manufacturer apart. If you don't happen to be able to measure DC resistance where you're at, it's pretty impossible telling what the PU is and what it's gonna sound like...

On the original topic, I like small pup logos but I think they don't appeal to the general public because non-guitarists tend to be quite clueless about Lace, Duncan, DiMarzio and whatnot...

so long

ace

• 4 weeks later...
I don't really care much for them, but i understand why it's become so important for them in the last few years. It's the pickup manufacturers' way of making sure their "name brand" gets recognized, especially when their products are being used as OEM parts on factory guitars.

I'd rather they just branded the underside of the baseplates (and included some kind of stamp or sticker indicating the model number).

Hadn't thought of it that way. I really don't care for them, but then again, if I made pickups I would have no guilt "branding" my pickups so everyone would know what they where. :D