Wedding Guest Book Guitar

This is a Guitar I built as a Guest book for my Wedding recently. Done a few of these for other people & the chick loved the idea. So I figured Id do one for her aswell.

Its an Ash body, Black walnut neck, Ebony fret board with vine inlay. All chrome hardware.

stained blue with a slight burst out to black on the edges. Pearloid pickguard, She chose the colours to match the brides maids (Blue) The lads (Black) & her (White)

Got a whole bunch of the guests to sign it, then pulled it apart & put a coat of 2K over it to seal everything up. Plays realy well too.

Not that im allowed to touch it, I have enough guitars, this one is hers :D

Anyway. Here are some piks.

WED-04.jpgWED-2.jpgWED-01.jpgWED-07.jpg

Done my usual thing of letting the finish sink into the grain. No filler, ruins ash, why would you want to kill off all that funky grain ? :D

Stained the Walnut aswell. Blackened it up to where it reminds me of a swirling river of chocolate B)

Rawkinest guest register I've ever seen. And she's already said hand's off! :D Great idea and nicely done, Paulie.

SR

Thanks scott. Glad you like it. got it finished & some piks done last weekend, So i figured Id put it up for a look see.

Get a day to myself this week (I think) so I might actually get something done on my green JS aswell. Cool.

You know you are making us regular dudes look thoughtless and unromantic,don't you

Ah no no no. Thats only if yer chick is along the lines on Orianthi, You know. A looker that can shred. :DB)

Besides. Im making another guitar, transparent acrylic, with real black velvet roses encased in it. That would have been romantic to give her.

But that one is for a bloke ha ha ha ha :D

Wow Paulie you made someone's special day extra special, happy days :D

Yea, try tellin the guitarist in the band at the reception that. never ever invite a bride up to play for a bit & over the mike say "dont worry, ill go easy on you" unless you know who they are.

he got fookin destroyed ha ha ha ha ha ha :D .