Tele Deluxe 72

Osorio

Tks guys!

The swiming pool is some weigth relive, Tauari its kinda heavy.

The finish is Poliuretane Bi component varnish, something about 10 thin coats, before polish sand with 400, 600, 800, 1200, 2000, 2500 water sand, a lot of work but an excelent final result.

Looks like a 335 wiring or something like that.Do you just like it better then the regular tele plate and the pick ups different ,too. I guess the only thing tele-esh is the body.But , I like it ,just wondering out loud.Also the pick guard mounting all the hardware like a strat,just different....still like it .hahaha

Looks like a 335 wiring or something like that.Do you just like it better then the regular tele plate and the pick ups different ,too. I guess the only thing tele-esh is the body.But , I like it ,just wondering out loud.Also the pick guard mounting all the hardware like a strat,just different....still like it .hahaha

it looks spot on from the frot for a 72 deluxe to me - other than 3 details. Neck construction (Seperate fretboard & shape of truss rod), standard sized humbuckers and the single ply scratchplate

72deluxetele.jpg

Nice guitar! How do you like the GFS pickups? I have a few of them that I have rebuilt to be much more in line with the original Fender WRHB* and IMHO the result is a completely new pickup, much better clarity, better output etc. Its probably too late for this guitar but if you plan any more I would be happy to provide some upgrades compared to the GFS pickups. if intereste, PM me.

* threaded magnetic poles insted of standard HB screws (three in one coil and three in the other coil) and rewound to original specs

I try to do the best copy into de owner budget. At first I think to put the original pickups but I read in a forum ( can´t remenber) that the orginials fender replacements was too difrent of the 70´s pickups, that the GFS are the best choice and a non expensive ones. So like I have read several good reviews for the GFS in general, I decide to use then.

The neck constrution was difrent, because I use a 2 way truss, and it´s a little complicated to put it inside the chanel with neck in one piece like the original.

The pickugard in one "ply" was not my choice but the owner´s choice so I have to do this way.

Tks all let´s talk!!!

Seya!

* threaded magnetic poles insted of standard HB screws (three in one coil and three in the other coil) and rewound to original specs

the originals have 6 in each coil, with 3 threaded i from the top and 3 threaded in from the bottom

He he, bit of typo there on my account. The GFS are standard HB pickups, with screws in both coils instead of screws + slugs, but with only three screws in each coil. My standard HB sized remakes of these pickups have 6 magnetic "slugs" in each coil, three with exposed screw heads facing up and three turned upside down/being concealed by the cover. The six magnets in each coil facing the same way, but of cause the other way than the magnets in the other coil. For sure. Thats the way the old Seth Lover designed original Fender WRHB were made. I also rebuild Fenders reissued pickups to the original specs substituting their standard-HB-in-disguise design. The reissues really sound fad and are really a boring thing. After the rebuild they have clarity, bite and a tad more output. If anyone would like I can provide samples, not to push my rebuild services but to give a hint about how these really interesting "off the beaten path" pickups can sound when a bit of time and money goes into them. Not as Fender have chosen to do; take the cheapest possible solution, sacrificing tone all the way to the bank. Sorry for rant and OT...

Yeah Lollar mentioned he had the metal parts done for him. Unfortunately he is not willing to sell those parts. That I can understand as he has spent quite a bit of money to get the masters done. The second best thing is to get the reissues and have them rebuilt. Rip out the magnet, the slugs, rewind them, add a ferrous shim to "magnetically connect" the two coils, add threaded magnets and you have a Fender branded WRHB that sound and look correct. And that might actually to a lot of people be a better alternative, the Fender marking on the covers are a bit of the look of those pickups and look means very much to some people...

i actually think both lollar and fender have overdone the logo slightly. its very fine on the originals and often blends in- just looks like they have gone for a thicker engraving or something on the new ones to make it show... but thats me being picky - its still not as nasty as the 70's embossed gibson pickups (nasty in looks, not tone)