Fretboard Help

well you're looking for something with

25.5 scale,

9.5" (240mm) radius

22 frets,

rosewood, but you could change woods and go up to ebony if you wanted too

BUUUT i duno if this is one of the ibanez guitar's that needs a thinner fingerboard.

ie, most fingerboards are 0.25" and i've just recently learned that ibanez boards are often 0.20"

this is the closest one stew mac sells http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,...ingerboard.html

chances are the ibanez radius is flatter 12 or 16" depending on the model

ibanez page said 240mm (~9.5") radius for all the 6 string grx models, unless they have another typo on their page

Is there a rule for how thick the neck (inc fingerboard) should be at the heel on say, a bolt-on guitar? Just wondering how much the neck should stick up above the neck pocket

That is something that does vary a bit. I can't say for that particular model but my RG550 has a 3/4" heel and a 1/4" fretboard. The fretboard begins about 1/16" (maybe a little less) above the painted/finished body surface. I have seen other guitars that have the fretboard lined exactly up with the painted/finished body surface. If you have an adjustable height bridge and no neck angle, then it shouldn't matter too much.

Is there a rule for how thick the neck (inc fingerboard) should be at the heel on say, a bolt-on guitar? Just wondering how much the neck should stick up above the neck pocket

That depends on the bridge you use. The fingerboard has at least to be high enough above the face of the guitar to match the bridge in its "lowest" setting.

With match I dont mean that they should be the same height, but that the final height with strings and frets make the guitar just below playable with the "lowest" bridge setting. Keep in mind that the action should be too low to really play the guitar if the bridge is adjusted as low as possible, because this will be the lowest possible action you can achieve via changing the bridge's height.

i've noticed that most fender type bolt on's use a 1" (25.4mm) thick neck, which i kinda refer to as the 1" rule.... i boubt it's anything official, just helps me remember