U235 "nuke" Design License

Remember the Nuke design I did back in 2009? Well... I just licensed it, and a few other designs to Oktober Guitars. B) This deal has been in the works for over a year now. It looks like a prototype for a 6 string guitar, and a 4 string bass will be here in 1 to 3 months for final approval. We are projecting 300 pieces ready for distribution beginning sometime around the Christmas season 2011. These will be high quality import models produced in the same factory as many of the bigger name import guitars.

The design is slightly different than the original to make it more commercially appealing. The body is re-designed to be more of a super strat shape. The headstock was changed to a 3x3 design that was from one of the standard layouts used in the factory where these will be produced. We are considering offering 2 versions of these. A clean bright yellow & black model, and a "nuked" model that will be relic'd like the original, and will include the diamond plate with the melted pickup cover, and possibly some airbrushing.

I got several emails from forum members when I posted a possible 12pc.USA run back in 2009. I cant post pricing on these yet, but I can say they will be much more affordable than a USA ver. I will post a link to the Oktober Guitars web store when they are available. There may possible be a PG forum discount as well. :D

Specs are (subject to change slightly):

3D "Nuke Symbol" carved top

Neck-thru w/voloute

25.5" scale

24 jumbo frets

ebony board

radiation symbol inlays

1 hum / 1 vol

Barcode serial number

"Clean" ver. shown here with an optional diamond plate kit:

u235dp.jpg

here is a loose rendering of the top without the cutaways or roundovers

u235gt.jpg

I know the timing may seem bad with the current problems in Japan. :D The concept was based on the nuclear arms race, not natural disasters.