LITCHFEILD!!!!!!!!!!!

krazyderek

hey derek, have you ever tried yellow heart? just curious...

:D @ wes

i also have it at my local supplier, doesn't seem as stiff as purple heart but i've read that it's equaly as stable.... if that isn't impossible.. i'm actually considering using it in part of the laminat for a neck thru cause it seems a bit lighter then purple heart... and like most of the heart woods... stable and cheap....

i just can't make heads or tails of the description that rampartsguitar.com put for the tone properties of yellow heart (actually called pau amerello) B)

Tonal Signature: The middle midrange is emphasized in comparison with the upper and lower midrange. Its upper enhancement range is the upper treble and top octave. Too much energy in this area will decrease depth of image. Its lower range of enhancement is in the middle bass.

i saw some of that at my wood store....too yellow

purple heart is pretty purple...

i think he actually did say that a while back about purple heart :D

lol ya i duno, i guess they're breaking it up to be more specific... i like midrange so that parts ok.... it's the treb that makes me think the wood might sound to shrilly.... and the depth of image..... i duno what they're smokin' there...

*bump*

i was using a yellow heart block today as a straight edge-ish sanding block for leveling the back of the neck worked quite nice, it seemed to have the perfect weight :D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

i saw some of that at my wood store....too yellow

purple heart is pretty purple...

i think he actually did say that a while back about purple heart :D

Well, sorry I'm late.

Actually, he has only said it is purple before, being a redundant comment B) .

Now he admits its pretty.

See, he's coming around.

Also, post some pics of that yellowheart. Never paid much attn to it. If is a little easier to work with, and just as stable, I want some.