B B kings tone?

I thought that he had a vari-tone knob on his guitar somewhere... I think that it might play with the magnets somehow

except for the fact that he's stated that he never used it... he gave Dan Erlewine an interview (which is where he said that), and he also swore by Fender Twins...

Absolutely! :D

And strangely enough, I still love and strive to make extremely versatile sounding guitars, from very clean to very mean, ...but not the 747 control panel way.

Clean, noiseless pkps and an Afterburner or two and I'm good to go!

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

the diagram was to include an option to phase switching. The option is there, and as I said, it is a lot the same options as a varitone. And if BB doesnt use it, its obsolete.

and I removed the pic.

• 5 weeks later...
except for the fact that he's stated that he never used it... he gave Dan Erlewine an interview (which is where he said that), and he also swore by Fender Twins...

I read he uses twins because they give him a sound closest to the old Lab series.

Interesting enough, a former Lab Series devotee, Ty Tabor from King's X. The Gibson Lab was his "secret amp" for 20 years before he spilled the beans.

I seriously wonder how one of those would sound with my set-up

I read he uses twins because they give him a sound closest to the old Lab series.

Interesting enough, a former Lab Series devotee, Ty Tabor from King's X. The Gibson Lab was his "secret amp" for 20 years before he spilled the beans.

I seriously wonder how one of those would sound with my set-up

Ty had an awesome tone, but I'm talking about the days of 'Gretchen goes to Nebraska'.

He was using a Strat Elite model which had it's own unique active pickups. I think that was a huge factor in his tone.

I think I saw them on tv about 5 years ago. He was using a Mesa Dual rect, and not a Strat Elite. His great tone was nowhere to be heard.

Way back, I remember him being secret about the amp. he would only say " it's an old Gibson amp". So I totally assumed it was a tube amp, and even studied all the various old Gibson tube amps to try to come to some kind of conclusion as to which one he must have been using.

What a surprise to find out it was a SS amp. I give solid state amps a second and third chance after finding that out.