Groges Signature Spec Superstrat

demonx

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Order-Of-Torment/190602317619267

http://www.myspace.com/orderoftorment

Order of Torment is an Aussie metal band that hass been building a fierce reputation on the Aussie Metal circuit for several years.

Groges, one of their two guitarists has asked me to build a special guitar for him to his exact needs. Lets just say this thing is purpose built for metal!

Specs:

Purpose built for pure metal - tuned to B. Guage 11-54

Mahogany Superstrat with carved front and back

Painted black but not "plain" black was his request, then I came up with this "black camo" idea and he went for it - so I had a bit of fun with the airbrush!

Matching headstock paint

Tobacco burst paint on rear of neck

5pc Mahogany neck with ebony stripes (thin and fast - 19mm thick - including board - at the first fret)

Bound Ebony board with no inlay

Kahler Trem with fixed bridge locking ability

Bareknuckle Painkiller Battleworn Black

Hardwired pickup with killswitch

16" radius

Dunlop 6150 fretwire

25.5" scale

Strap locks

Finished with PPG 2k automotive paints

And heres thew pics! (build pics and so forth are on my facebook page, www.facebook.com/searlsguitars

Heres my completed pics from the last build. I hope to have some live shots soon as the new owner will be playing at a Metal festival in a fortnight.

IMG_0790small.jpg

IMG_0772small.jpg

IMG_0776small.jpg

IMG_0803small.jpg

IMG_0783small.jpg

IMG_0796small.jpg

IMG_0795small.jpg

IMG_0806small.jpg

Edited by demonx

He's a pure metal player - he's late 30's and says he never uses vol or tone, I guess if he's playing guitar for 20 something years without he knows he wont want one!

The switch is a on off toggle switch with a momentary function.

I should also mention - the dots you see in the pics, it was starting to rain so I had to rush the pics real fast before packing up!

Edited by demonx

That black camo looks amazing. Any tips or tricks to doing it? Or was it all just airbrush and do it as you go? That is a great looking guitar, great job.

Hahahah... thanks for the positive comments!

Well, the DIY is like this, I got some black and white 2k paint, mixed them till I was happy with the shades, grabbed my airbrush, laid down the lightest of the three colors as a solid over the whole face, then airbrushed the middle of the three, then laid down the black. Theres progress pics of this paint job in my facebook page.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread but rather than starting a new one just to post a pic I thought I'd just add to it.

I've been given a few live pics of the "Groges" guitar I built a few months ago from various gigs, heres one taken last weekend at the Bendigoat Metal Festival, theres more on my facebook page.

Makes me proud to see my work out there being used on stage!

376788_185643221517520_122774891137687_417824_1658284832_n.jpg

It looks even better in action,if that's possible

Thanks mate - I was so stoked when I saw the pics.

It's the first guitar I've made for anyone other than myself, plus it's one I really liked as it was to my tastes.

I liked it so much I suggested I'd buy it back from him at full price if he wasn't happy - I didn't get to buy it back!

I guess it's every builders dream to see them up on stage. Feels awesome.

I know this is an old thread but rather than starting a new one just to post a pic I thought I'd just add to it.

I've been given a few live pics of the "Groges" guitar I built a few months ago from various gigs, heres one taken last weekend at the Bendigoat Metal Festival, theres more on my facebook page.

Makes me proud to see my work out there being used on stage!

376788_185643221517520_122774891137687_417824_1658284832_n.jpg

Love the old thread updates, and great to see that beautiful guitar in action, rock and roll.