Correcting A Bow?

Hi all! I just recently picked up a build i started like two years ago. The neck and body has been stored in my somewhat cold basement since then so i guess thats why this happened. Can i do something to corrent this bow or should i throw the neck in the bin? It´s about 2 mm (maybe a little bit more) in the middle of the neck as seen in the picture. Just to be clear, it was straight and true when i left it about a year ago.

neckblank.JPG

Thanks Tim and Rockhorst! I think i will start by keep the neck blank in my heated shop for i while, and then try the clamp method. If that doesn´t work i will run it thrue the jointer. How long do i need to keep it in my shop before i can consider it stable?

By the way, i´m not really new to this forum. I´ve been a "lurker" (or whatever it´s called) for some time now. I will post some builds to present myself soon. The lack of confidence (by seeing all your awesome builds :D ) has kind of stoped me from doing that so far.

I wouldn't try to correct it. The wood did that for one of two reasons. One, it wanted to do that whilst relieving internal stresses released during previous milling work, or possibly environmental pressures made it do that, such as uneven air flow, sunlight heating one side and not the other. You get the idea. Put it somewhere nice and neutral, let it acclimatise and see what it does before re-jointing it. Sorry if this has already been said. In a hurry and posting from the droid.

Honestly,if you had put a truss rod in it and a fingerboard on it,it would not have done that,I think.I always do all of my routing,gluing,and shaping of the neck within a few days to get the truss rod doing it's job as quickly as possible.

But no,it is not junk.I would set it on something flat(like that table) with some weight on it to flatten it that tiny bit,then I would rout for the truss rod and get it in and the fingerboard on,then the truss rod will do it's job...

As long as that is just a bow,not a twist.If it is a twist you need to re joint it