Ibanez Rg 170 Upgrades

Most of the parts can be taken off and applied to a different project if he want. One of my favorite guitars is a cheap Yamaha fat strat I upgraded. It did have a nice neck to start and a solid wood body. It doesn't look all that great but it plays and sounds very nice. I learned a lot on it too.

This is entirely why I stand on both sides of the debate. The process and the things you take from it are worth their weight, however I think practising using cheaper components is a valid point. Kind of like slapping expensive alloy wheels and low profile tyres onto an underpowered car....you just don't get the benefit from the end product so the outlay is somewhat wasted.

I think this is a bit of a silly debate...haha.

I'm a firm believer in "to each his own".

I just WANT TO. I'm fully aware that my guitar won't be "worth anything" to anybody else, but I have some sense of pride knowing that I did it.

I'm not really putting any "expensive" parts in here either.

The whole idea from the start was a Jem sort of idea...without the Floyd Rose. I just hate those things.

Now, where are you getting THAT?!?...NOWHERE! Haha.

It's a learning experience...it's fun.

Even if I had limitless funds at my disposal, I'd still do it...but maybe with better parts...haha.

ACTUALLY, the body and neck are great! The body is solid, and the neck is too.

I almost went with a natural stain, the body looked that good after sanding.

Again, I see everybody's side and respect it...but this is my side.

It's my crappy Ibanez and I'll do what I want...haha.

Thanks again guys for all your input and suggestions, I really do appreciate it.