fret glue

cyanoacrylate adhesive, "Hot Stuff" which is 3-10 second bonding, or there's another one that's 30 second i beleive but i can't remember the name...... so in other works super glue :D

i think wood glue has also been used in fret slots aswell

I've been told by a few people that super glue is just fine. When i finally get back to college and get my refretted guitar back, (there's a few lifted frets on it because of the Fed Ex delivery) I'll be able to test it out.

i thought that you didnt need to use a glue. what if you need to take the frets out?

You don't need to use glue, you usually don't, unless the slot has widened. If you need to remove the frets, you use a soldering or clothes iron anyway, to heat up the oils in the board so there is less chip out, plus the heat will terminate any glue bond.

i thought there were at least a couple people here that thought that if the fret slot was a little to deep it should be filled in with glue either while fretting or afterwards others wise it would thin the tone a bit.????

Although this has been covered many times, here it is again.

Frets don't need to be glued if it is a new slot that hasn't had frets in it yet.

However, I still always glue the ends just to keep them from lifting. Also, if the fret slots are to deep, I fill them on the edges with some sanding dust and CA.

If the frets are going on a guitar that is being refretted, they may or may not need to be glued. If you pull the frets properly, you probably don't have to glue them. But, if they are a little wide you will. 9 times out of 10 I find the very ends are still all that need to be glued. But if they do need to be totally glued, I glue them with thick CA. The thin stuff is great for just doing ends, it will wick in nice and it dries in a couple seconds, the thick stuff is good for about 20 seconds. If the slot is really really bad then I guess a wood glue or even epoxy would be preferred to fill the slot but I wouldn't want to be doing that.

Anyway, that's just my experience, I haven't had any problems to date.