Osorio - Lespaul. Jr Diablo

Osorio

Looks pretty good from where I'm sitting. Nice color! Would look sweet on an old Chevy!

EDIT: hey! no fair! You edited the post and removed the finished pics so now my comment above makies no sense!

hahaha. Just stirring. It does look quite good. Cheers

• 2 months later...

Why is it that you feel the need or feel that you have the right to illegally use the Les Paul namesake? Highly doubt you've obtained a licensing agreement from the Les Paul estate.. I wouldn't say anything except you build for profit and that you've printed his name on several of your builds before.

however, looking at the missing finish on the edges of the headstock and the dents in the finish on the heel pictures... I'd say the finish quality is right in line with the stuff Gibson slaps his name on these days...

Why is it that you feel the need or feel that you have the right to illegally use the Les Paul namesake? Highly doubt you've obtained a licensing agreement from the Les Paul estate.. I wouldn't say anything except you build for profit and that you've printed his name on several of your builds before.

however, looking at the missing finish on the edges of the headstock and the dents in the finish on the heel pictures... I'd say the finish quality is right in line with the stuff Gibson slaps his name on these days...

Steady on. He's clearly put his own brand name on it at the top of the headstock. Sure, Gibson probably could call BS on the use of the LP name, but he's clearly not trying to fool anyone.

• Like 1

First of all I want to say that don't make guitars for living. I'm software engineer, and this is my day job.

Guitars are for fun and personal satisfaction. So, my production it's something about 6 guitars/year and though all were LP, can not believe that Gibson was concerned with this. The day that Gibson sue me so I'll be immensely happy.

This guitar has no owner, so the future buyer will be able to see from the pictures all the aspects and small imperfections caused by a new brand of paint I used.

Anyway Tks guys!!

• Like 1

Is there a reason you elevated the fingerboard so high off the top (with the resulting need to have the pickup and the bridge about a 1/2" higher than they should be) ? I quite like LP juniors, but this one's a little too 'chunky' for me in various places, lacks the finesse that can make these simple rock machines such awesome instruments.

Might also want a reflector of some sort off to the right to get rid of the shadows caused by the knobs.

Osorio, I like most of your guitars but this one needed a little more attention on the paint job. The top could had been wet sanded to get most of that orange peel effect out of it, and the heel needed more prep before the paint. Other than that, I really like the color, reminds me of the color of my first Teisco guitar many years ago!

I also agree with the comment about the fretboard being so high. It makes the bridge be too high.

I made some mistakes on this guitar.

First was the place of neck/fret board was very high and the measures that I took I thought the bridge would compensate, but I was wrong.

second, there were some gaps in the neck, I thought the paint would cover some imperfections as usually happens, but I tested this guitar a lacquer thinner that is not covered as I thought, even had a few rough edges discovered in the polishing.

as orange peel believe that the pictures do not do justice to this polishing gutiarra had this super smooth.

I made a point of letting the defects evident in the photos. This guitar has no owner, and if someone wants to keep with will see it before.

In fact still do not know if I'll sell it, because I really like the JR and is very pretty and sounds great. But I do not need another guitar that is what makes me think.

I have to defend the fact that, as he mentioned, he didn't even tried to hide the "mistakes". He could've just post the "good ones" and be with it. And FWIW, I've seen other builders that do make guitars for a living puting the "GIBSON Les Paul" logo on their builds, he clearly states by using his name that this is by no means a GIBSON.