satriani peavey amp

Speedy McFeely

i just got a peavey email with the NAMM schedule. well JS is going to announce his new amp... i bet it's going to be awesome!! satch has such a beautiful tone, i can't wait to try one.

plus peavey make very high quality amps, i have a 5150 combo, and it's rock solid.

i'm so psyched up. :DB):D

his tone is actually very heavily relies on pedals and effects, eventide harmonizer, ibanez tubescreamer, he has like 4 delay pedals in his rig..... i dunno how one amp could emulate all that, so i'm gonna be a little skeptical.

Roman

i don't mean to dis satch at all, he's a solid player and seems like a resonable and cool guy, but this seems like peavey is just offering him a rediculus endorsement deal so that peavy can put all their eggs in the "if he plays it, they will buy it" basket...

just a thought... although i've been starting to like peavey's tone a bit more in the past year or two.. the Marshall Mode Four just blew them away :D

i like some peavey amps, of course the 5150, but also the classic 30 is so awesome sounding. it is sparkling clean, and bluesy overdrive, put a ts-9, or a blues driver in front and it rocks the house. the XXX and XXL are also really nice rock amps. i think that JS took cues from VAI, sometimes it's easier to design an amp with the specific tonal qualities you use, then to carry around a couple vintage marshalls and odd boutique amps. peavey has really changed its focus since they made the 5150. i think the JS amp dubbed "JSX" last i heard will be a great amp, plus itt will be good ol fashoned american craftmanship and quality. peavey's are good quality amps, even if you don't especially like the sound, it's not going to break on you.

i'm still looking foward to it's arrival. :D

the Marshall Mode Four just blew them away

LOL....think about that twice. It may very well be that you prefer the sound of Marshall amps, but the Mode Four will NEVER blow away the Peavey amps in any way. I had several marshalls. It is long ago that Marshall built quality units. On one of them the effects loop ceased to work in the first year after purchase. The other began to sound terrible after some years and has random dropouts. A friend of me had a Marshall 6101 which even the service center was not able to repair.

That aside, the Peavey 5150 and Triple XXX are among the best hi gain amps ever. You don't have to like them, but there are many great guitarists out there playing the 5150, the most famous being EVH and Steve Morse.

They both could have every amp they dream of but they choose the 5150, because it simply is a great amp. I myself have owned several marshalls and was never really happy with my sound. Since I have my 5150 I never even think about my sound at all, because it is that great. Additionally the 5150 is built like a tank and I never heard about a defect Peavey amp so far.

So the bottom line is: If you like the Mode Four I can completely understand that. There are many people liking the unique sound of a Marshall. And I like Marshall amps as well, but had too much trouble with their quality. But to say that the Mode Four blows every Peavey amp away is simply not true.

Peace,

MK!

ok ok, ya you're kinda right, by "blew it away" i kinda meant in my mind.....

i've played the 5150 I&II and the XXX both very nice amps, but the Mode Four wins me over for it's versatility, and the fact that it has a couple more options that i personally found usefull.

hopefully that clears things up, thanks for helping me correct myself there :D