The E.l.t

My first build from scratch, the E.L.T (named after my three sons, Ellioth, Lowe and Theodor) is a Tele/ES mashup with Yamaha SA inspired soundholes. Alder hollow body, Eden lefty strat neck.

RetroPhonic by http://www.peternaglitschluthier.com/ in neck position, I might order another (hotter) one for the bridge. Colors is going to be Fiesta red with chrome hardware and cream plastics (toggle knob and pickup rings). Body weighs in at 1.5kg

The label.

the_elt_label.jpg

Soundholes almost complete.

the_elt_body.jpg

the_elt_pot_holes.jpg

Done! Next up finishing... yeah, I make a mess :P

the_elt_routing_done.jpg

Sanded up to grit 400 and put two coats of schellac as sanding sealer. Some grain filler left in the holes for the string ferrules, I'll fix that after wet sanding.

the_elt_schellack.jpg

Edited by MartinJ

Whoaaa, flashback. It was years ago I did that pickup, right? Nice to see the build taking off at last. And looking nice too.

Nope, I'll PM you

EDIT: I got the error text:

The member MartinJ can not use the messaging system

I think you need to post a few times before you can use the message system. We had quite a bit of spam for a while so this was done to remedy that. You can contact me via my web page

I've put it together this weekend. Unfortunately I miscalculated the scale length (measured to the dots in the twelfth fret and not to the wire) so i will have to make a new fretboard. Hopefully a Gibson 24.562" will fit. Some buzzing in the bridge don't know if it's because the string tucked the saddle screw heads or the fact it's a jazz master bridge :P

the_elt_fram.jpg

the_elt_fram_2.jpg

the_elt_fram_3.jpg

the_elt_baksida.jpg

the_elt_lucka.jpg

And a soundclip http://martinjansson.se/elt_ljud.mp3

1. Acoustic sound

2. Clean pickup

3. Garage band preset, sixties basic blues

4. Garageband preset, burning blues

A bummer 'bout the scale length. It looks really good. I had a Jazzmaster in to change the bridge to a Mastery bridge and it made a big difference. No buzzing and rattling. It looked a bit more "modern" too.

BTW,

@SwedishLuthier: I've sent you an e-mail :)

no e-mail in my mailbox...