Identifying A Strat

ward

Lately, I bought a strat for not too much money.

The history of this guitar is a mystery to me.

What the seller said was; it's from the 80's and it's from Japan.

This is not necessarily true.

It has a fender decal on the headstock but I don't think it's really fender,

there's no serial number to be found.

If you like to have a look maybe the photos ring a bell for someone ?

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

The tuners look like they were replaced.

unfortunately in a very bad way.

Any suggestions on how to clean this mess up ?

Thanks!

Just looking at the screws in the pickguard which do not appear to be sunken evenly as well as the rear trem route which appears to be wavy would lead me to believe it is not really a fender. I have not had a look at a fender neck in recent years but I would assume there would be some sort of serial number or marking on it. Another thought. Doesn't fender normally have their logo on the heel plate too?

Just looking at the screws in the pickguard which do not appear to be sunken evenly as well as the rear trem route which appears to be wavy would lead me to believe it is not really a fender. I have not had a look at a fender neck in recent years but I would assume there would be some sort of serial number or marking on it. Another thought. Doesn't fender normally have their logo on the heel plate too?

Indeed the pickguard screws are off.

There are several things that say it's not a fender.

The decal logo is the only thing fender, and they are not that hard to come by.

ok just got home and looked at the pics agian. the body isnt fender the finish is way off not near what fender would put on there and even if it had been refinished the routing is way too sloppy. after a little google search im sure the neck would have some markings on it some where especialy the heal area it would have a date or some other markings plus a serial number some where on the neck.

sorry dude but im sure its not the real deal i hope you don't have too much invested. on the bright side you have a strat and well STRATS RULE! so put it back together and enjoy it.

ok just got home and looked at the pics agian. the body isnt fender the finish is way off not near what fender would put on there and even if it had been refinished the routing is way too sloppy. after a little google search im sure the neck would have some markings on it some where especialy the heal area it would have a date or some other markings plus a serial number some where on the neck.

sorry dude but im sure its not the real deal i hope you don't have too much invested. on the bright side you have a strat and well STRATS RULE! so put it back together and enjoy it.

Oh I know it's not a fender. And it's a good sounding guitar so I'm happy with it.

I was just wondering where it came from.

It might be impossible finding that out but it doesn't hurt to try.

That is in no way a fender.

For a guitar from the 80's heres some "issues"

- Even if it wasn't played, the nitro would have aged. That looks brand new (minus the tuners ofc)

- the bridge is BRAND new lol

- the routing is AWFUL, even warmoth did better then that...

- The paint in the neck cavity, hell even squiers are better then that!

God's honest truth, I'd say that its a counterfeit (china made) fender, with 80's wiring, and "correct" tuners installed...

Edited by bob123