7 String F

I'm with you Wes, don't lower your standards just for the sake of saving some wood. I'm against waste, but not for the price of quality. I think your idea of a set neck and wings for another build is the way to go.

What I have discovered is that if I finish a guitar after covering up a mistake all I do is stare at it and I can't play it because I know it sucks and I can't sell it because I know it sucks.

So I just am not going to do it anymore.If I can't fix a mistake to be better than before I made the mistake then it gets destroyed...no exceptions.It's the only way to keep myself honest,not to mention sane.

I understand you. It's happened to me...and i hate that.

Yeah.I am pairing the remainder of the neck with the mahogany,which will be another F body.Set neck or bolt on..I have not decided yet.

Most likely a set neck,knowing me. :P

The wings will be paired with some limba I have for a six string neck through.I'll most likely start that one in this thread as well and do them both at the same time

• Like 1

Yeah.I am pairing the remainder of the neck with the mahogany,which will be another F body.Set neck or bolt on..I have not decided yet.

Most likely a set neck,knowing me. :P

The wings will be paired with some limba I have for a six string neck through.I'll most likely start that one in this thread as well and do them both at the same time

Nice!! Been there, done that :)