Chat Room Available

Alex, when you are going in, maybe post in the off topic section, say your going in now, and will stay for about, 5 min or so until someone comes in, if no one does, then your leavin, i have seen people do it on other forums, but if the mods dont want that, then nvm what i just said.......

Curtis

• 1 month later...

i am on chat right now, anyone is free to chat with me, infact i encourage anyone that is online to chat to me now. :D

i will be waiting for an hour, if no one shows up, off to beddie byes i go.

I'm new to this forum, but am a member of other forums online that have chats. Thought I might give you a recommendation. Out of all the forums I'm on, the only chats that ever have anyone in them are the ones that set up a scheduled meeting time. I'd try to poll the users interested in using it as to a day and hour, then have that be the weekly meeting time and put that in a sticky. Otherwise what you'll see is everyone that is interested will go in chat, stay for a couple minutes, no one's there so they leave. One after another. If you are more interested in a daily chat time, first go with once a week and then when you have a few regulars expand it. Hope that helps.

-MJ

That's just what I was about to post. That is the only way you'll get people to chat. You guys need to set up a time and day of the week for a weekly guitar discussion. I know I'd be there, but like the others have said I never see anyone in the room when I try. Maybe we could do a poll to find out what's the best time for everyone?

Remeber that this forum is for the whole world so 6oclock in one place is gunna be another time somwhere else, i think the time thing could only work i pg had its own clock!

What i really meant is one clock with one time for the site and while on the site you use that time. eg it might be 6oclock where you are but 2oclock on the site.

It's all part of my master plan to take over the universe, confuse and conquer, this will be the seventh planet I've conquered from my secret hideout at Blackgang Chine! :D

We'll really it's just a matter of figuring out a time. For example, If we go by Eastern time then everyone should know how to add or subtract to figure out when that is for them. We could make it easy and go by Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) Although I do like the Project Guitar time idea.. lol The main problem is finding a time that everyone is comfortable with, or we could set up two sessions a day to make it easier for everyone.

How about you gents just set up a Project Guitar metronome such as http://www.metronomeonline.com/metronomeon...ault.asp?bhcp=1 and we'll all count off of that starting at some post?

Ok, more seriously, while I would say EST would be the easiest, some may say I'm biased being in the eastern US. So how bout everyone just agree to GMT, anyone having a problem converting go to http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ and click on link on the left UTC/GMT.

/daily_good_deed

-MJ

• 9 months later...

I think having a PG chatroom is probably the smartest thing ive heard this year. Just when people get used to going on the chat room, people would be on it all day. I would..it would be a much better way than trying to get your questions answered than waiting like 10 minutes between each response than eventually a couple of days. Im all for it