Hmmmmm Should I, or not

Hmmmmmmmm Just kinda popped into my head. It would be an interesting feel. This is basicly my **** around piece of poo bass that i'm experimenting on. Would it be useful to do it on a bass?

As a bass player, I find that I seldom contact the fretboard with my fingers (except the C string), so I don't think you'd really gain much speed-wise, especially if you use roundwound strings, but a deep scallop would offer possibilities in the vibrato/microtonal arena that might be worth pursuing. If you're up for it, go for it!

Well i think i play "bass" pretty well. I've been working on trying to do faster runs around the neck, and i was wondering if it would help. Medium frets, and a rosewood fingerboard are kinda making me mad >.o

My girlfriend likes to duel with me sometimes on guitar, so i end up doing tapping, or really fast slap, or just switching off to a guitar in order to keep up with her.

And the vibrato does sound like a nice touch :D Alright, i'm gonna do it. *goes and gets a file, some sandpaper, and guitar honey*

well i guess i play weird or something, cuz mine do >.o The frets are quite small, so that could be it. Either that or i'm just looking for an excuse to scallop a neck :D

give it a go! never know, might start a revolution of some sort :D

unless i'm mistaken, Yngwie claims to be one of teh first people to scallop a guitar f/b, and look where its at now

but then it is Yngwie, isnt it? B)

Alright cool ^.^ If i get my camera working again, i'll keep updates... Actually i think everyone's seen the scalloping process, haven't they >.o m'kay nevermind ^.^ i'll post pics when i'm done lol.