Paradox Gold Top Relic'd

Well...It's been forever since I posted about a build. So, here goes:

This one is for an endorsee named Tim Hawkins. I'm currently working on a motif build for him that is not going to be done anytime soon. So, I'm going to knock this one out so he has something to play. My delivery date is slated for Jan 19th :unsure:

Specs are:

Parable "Paradox" model

Alder relic'd gold top body

Maple neck with beeswax finish

Bound Ziricote FB with 12th fret "TH" logo inlay

Ziricote headplate with paua "Parable" logo

EVO gold jumbo semi-hemi frets

2 Seymour Duncan hums (coil tapped)

1 piece TOM bridge

Gold Hardware

I got a pretty good jump on it before Christmas. Here's some cell phone pics I took today:

It's a mix:

8 oz bees wax

.5 oz carnuba wax

4 oz boiled linseed oil

4 oz turpentine

Melt the waxes in a double boiler, remove from heat, stir in the linseed oil, then turpentine. Let cool to a paste. Apply with a cotton rag, then buff. It gives a very nice satin smooth finish.

Very Nice. I'm looking forward to see it finished.

Thanks for the recipe.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok... As it can sometimes happen, this build changed a bit. The good news is I got it done, and delivered on time. Last night my wife, daughter, her friend & I met Tim at one of his shows in Indy to deliver his guitar. He wanted a heavily relic'd piece, similar to the SRV1. So, we ditched the gold top idea, and went with a tobacco burst.

I couldnt bring myself to glueing in the neck I originally made for this one... It was just too nice. So, I pulled a neck from stock, and ended up lasering his "TH" logo into the body. I was worried how it would be received. Gladly, he absolutely loved it.