Serpentine Guitars UK build thread

Serpentine Guitars has been offline again for a while, at least where forums are concerned, whilst the website is revamped and I work on some new body/headstock shape designs (which can be found on the website if you look carefully). We've also branched out into the repairs side of the business, so that's meant spending some time working on advertising, etc.
However, we have not stopped building guitars and in addition to some forthcoming stock builds to show off our Meta-V and Xothermic body shapes, we are currently working on a custom DC for a repeat client from Switzerland.
Although this one does not look too exciting from the outside, my client has chosen his specification for an all-round balanced guitar, featuring Alder body, Maple neck, Birdseye Maple fretboard, WD (Gotoh-made) fixed bridge, Schaller machine heads and BKP Warpig neck and bridge set.
Birdseye Maple fretboard; slotted, glued to the neck and wiped with spirits...
b0909c63-9a37-45f4-b057-7d646e09899e_zps
A rarity for SG - we don't often make bolt-ons, so nice to do something different for a change...
018_bolt-on_neck_ferrule_recesses_zps02b
Neck fit test - no screws here...
023_neck_pocket_routed_zpsa029dbe4.jpg
Alder DC body with standard routs, mounts and contours...
030_body_routs_and_carves_complete_post-
And the back...
029_body_routs_and_carves_complete_post-
There's a little tidying up to do and some final sanding before this one is stained black and sprayed with lacquer.

You can sand earlier but it is buffing that benefits from a little time.

Yes, I agree. In fact, it's already been wet sanded flat, I did this yesterday. The guitar is currently hanging up and looking rather dull at the moment :P

Cool. If you're not overly busy then it's no big deal, however if you have significant turnaround then a day or two in the bag is always useful.

• 4 weeks later...
This guitar is now complete and here are some pre-setup photos.
With regards to the confusion over the change to original finish; the guitar was a custom order from an existing customer who is putting it up for resale (I shall say no more to avoid breaching any rules about advertising, etc, and to respect my customer's privacy). Originally solid black/gloss lacquer, I got permission to apply an alternative finish when I became aware of my customer's intentions for this guitar...
002_MH0314_front_2_zpse2953a85.jpg
004_MH0314_front_close_2_zps986ab8f3.jpg
003_MH0314_front_close_1_zpscb644031.jpg
005_MH0314_front_full_zpse90b60c1.jpg
006_MH0314_rear_zps65a691df.jpg