3rd acoustic

I didn't read this a few days ago and I'm very sorry to hear about this John.

• 1 month later...

I finally got my own camera because I needed it for the house search. Since I have it.....

06_zps6nxipura.jpg

I'm gonna HAVE to put a pickguard on it to break up the pattern.

In other news, here's what my new playroom is gonna be....

behind_zpsdgdrybcx.jpg

It's an oversized 2-car garage that has already been set up to be a workshop. This was the deciding factor that made me go with this house.

door%20open_zpsxvlumzaf.jpg

It's just plain huge - bigger than the garage I'm working in now. Notice the things in the back right corner.....

heater_zpsowebnres.jpg

That's 1) a thermostat controlled heater, and 2) a breaker box. The garage has it's own power drop from the pole!!!!! There are 10-12 outlets (i don't remember), and they EACH have their own line from the box. NO OVERLOADED CIRCUITS EVER.

out%20the%20door_zps6cimgbkf.jpg

And since it was built to be a workshop, of COURSE it already has 6 light ballasts hung.

All I'm gonna need to do is insulate it and put up some 1/4" chipboard to hold it in and I'll be set.

Re the top: wow. I already am looking forward to seeing this done and hearing you report on how it sounds. Impressive, agressive start.

Re the new place: WOW WOW WOW! Holy crap in a gold plated turdbowl, I'm jealous of that garage. Congrats on that.

There's someone at your back door, btw.

SR

• 3 weeks later...

I'm supposed to be closing on the house Tuesday. Currently, the garage is filled with nearly all of my stuff. The almost-ex-wife is actually being cool about the small / valuable items. Putting it all in the garage in summer with no ventilation while waiting for the house to close....... Bad mojo. I'm on a 10-day vacation starting tomorrow morning, so I'll have all week to get the remainder, move it all into the house, and unpack.

The workshop is another story. Obviously getting the house in order is the priority. But there is still a lot that needs to be brought over: workbenches, tables, shelving, small lumber, pegboard, etc. Getting the workshop completely in order is prolly gonna take a year. Getting it usable might be a month or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm mostly moved into the new place now.  Y'all know that the majority of the unpacking takes place in the first week, but the last 5-10% seems to take a year to muddle through.  The workshop is another story altogether.  I hope to start working on it next week.  I still don't have all of the workbenches and shelving over here, and I have no idea WHEN I'll be ale to get them here, so when I can become functional is an unknown.