Another Les Tele Thing.......Heheheh-Mine!

ScottR

On 2/6/2016 at 8:55 AM, 10pizza said:

congrats! finish is just like a mirror!

interested to hear how it sounds.

wait a minute, would it be cool to add a youtube-demonstration video for every finished guitar?

Thanks!

The bridge pickup sounds like a fat punchy tele. Resistance is in the 11's, so it pushes pretty hard for a single coil. The neck sounds like a fat punchy LP loaded with P-90s. Resistance is in the 8's. It's got a lot of bark, bite and balls.

On 2/6/2016 at 10:11 AM, Prostheta said:

It would if everybody were able or willing to do that! ;-)

Able would be the key word in my case. I have a buddy with a studio, that used to bring players in and record audio files for me whenever I finished a build. Then he discovered bikes, and that captured the bulk of his attention, and playing and recording took a spot on the shelf. Now he's playing in a new band, and giving this guitar a test ride as I type, so who knows? If I get the opportunity, I'll certainly share its sounds. 

I totally agree; I'd love to hear every guitar that gets built here.

SR

• Like 1

Well, it's an objective when I start publishing tutorial videos. Even though the underlying purpose of the videos will be to detail working procedures and ideas, I guess that making finished instruments is a natural byproduct of that. I agree; people like to hear what they've seen being built otherwise it's sort of an obscure voyeurism....like watching performance cars being made by hand, then not seeing them move or hearing them.....

• Like 2

Don't mind me.....I'm just replacing the pictures held hostage by photobucket...which means I'm posting them for the third time!:blink:

I'm pretty sure I got some pics in the wrong place, but I'm tired of messing with it right now, so that's where they are going to live!

Cheers!

-SR