New Pics

daveq

It's probably not much different from the way you did the front LED's. Did you route a channel in the fretboard or did you run the wiring some other way? What about the truss rod - did that cause problems for you? That's the one nice thing about doing the side dots is that the truss rod is not an issue.

WAY COOL!!! I like the 'George Lynch ESP' thing going on

I was wondering if anyone was going to make that association. He was a big reason why I started playing guitar. I always wanted a Kami but couldn't afford one. This was inspired by the Kami but has some differences in shape, ...

Did you recess the floyd? Which floyd did you use? What is the radius on the floyd?

It is recessed and routed for pull-up. I used a Schaller Floyd with a 14" radius.

I like the George Lynch ESP stuff...I gotta chance to play the first Kami's that came out...loved it. I really want the Serpent, which I beleive they have discontinued this year.

When I get to a point when I feel a little more confident, I wanna build a Kami style with the recessed floyd.

Questions again:

Did you have to make the body thicker to recess the floyd?

I have got to say thats a really nice guitar! Well Done daveq the lines and reverse headstock work so well! Top effort mate!

Thanks eddie!

Did you have to make the body thicker to recess the floyd?

I was going to make it thicker but I decided to keep it near 1 3/4". What I did for the floyd is replace the inertia block with a shorter one (from AllParts). That way the block doesn't stick out the back of the guitar.

ESP is discontinuing the serpent? I guess you'll just have to build one yourself then. The graphic will be a real pain though.

I was wondering if anyone was going to make that association. He was a big reason why I started playing guitar. I always wanted a Kami but couldn't afford one. This was inspired by the Kami but has some differences in shape, ...

I believe your previous avatar had to do something with that :D

BTW, It looks like so raw-powerful!

mullmuzzler | OSSMT

I believe your previous avatar had to do something with that 

You are absolutely correct. That was the Kami2. For some reason, it seems to be the least pictured and used of his series. I kinda liked the color scheme the best. I'd like to do a camo paint job like that - I have an unfinished guitar lying around but no time.

Thank you for the compliment on the guitar - I hope it will deliver what it seems to suggest by it's appearance.

i mite be able to help in the matter of led's, i like to mod my computer and most the stuff u use is led's and there voltage suply and w/e so here is somehting that mite help you its called the led caculator, it tells u what resitor u wanna use with what led here it is Here

at the bottom there are some places to get leds also

• 3 years later...