Help deciding body design please!

2.5itim

I've made up two design and I'm kind of having a hard time deciding on which one I like more, would yall mind helping me decide? 

They are pretty similar but on the first one I changed up the lower horn and also the end of the body. 

Ignore the random lines on the first one lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 2.5itim

I think that I agree Curtisa, after talking to  Andrew about it quite a bit I like the lower horn of the first one I just don't think it belongs on this body shape. I'm going to redraw it with the upper and lower horn of the second one and the rest of the first one and see how I feel about it. 

The second one gives me a prs type feel which I was trying to get away from which is why I tried to change up the lower horn. 

The first one is too rounded. Styles like that demand that the curves are less gradual and have balance in the contrast of curve and cusp. It's like trying to dial in what is so right about the Rickenbacker upper forearm contour. A subtle change in the balance and direction of the curve which doesn't work if you take it too far either way.

I think you're right pros, I will just focus on the 2nd design for now and bin the first one until I can figure out how to take what you are saying and put it to paper I guess. 

I had a friend contact me today that wants me to do a chambered body single cut tele thinline type guitar for him so both of these may be put on the back burner for a little while.