Guitar wall hangers

Pushead

I'm about to buy a house, and I wanted to take a room for my music stuffs. (I'm single, so I can build a temple to my wasted youth without pissing off a wife-type.) I have a bunch of guitars, and I was thinking about using the wall hanger thingies to hang them all on the wall.

But I wasn't sure if they are a really good idea. I have (most of) them on regular guitar stands with the neck support (I don't trust the small compact ones). Does anyone know anything good or bad about using the wall hangers?

Guitars tend to hang like that in the store, so I wouldn't see a problem with it except if the material covering the hanger reacts with the finish. I made my own wall hangers out of 1$ garden tool hangers I got from Home Depot. I fastend a piece of Pine across my wall, nailing it into the studs, then I was able to use the bolt on the back of the hanger to bolt the hangers evenly across the Pine board. I refinished one of my Strat's necks with Nitro Laquer, and it's reacting with the covering on the hanger, but it's my beater guitar so I don't care. I've heard of covering them with leather to fix that problem. It looks COOL in that room now. :D

I'd say the same, they're hanging like that in the music stores so there shouldn't be too many problems. whatever has enough of an area where the headstock is grabbed to give a safe grip should be fine.

so long

ace

Cool. I was always concerned with warping the neck and stuff like that.

I didn't want a multi-stand thing, because I like having them displayed (I don't play well enough to necessitate the type and amount of gear I have, so they'd better be art too :D ) Also, I have a few "odd" style guitars (explorers, V's) that don't fit wekk into those multi-stand things that look like guitar cases or brief cases.

I run into the finish reaction with the tube stands I use now. I just buy cheap face cloths or dish towels, and attach them over the rubber parts. Works well, doesn't cause problems.