New build, makin' it up as I go....

ScottR

Folks that have looked into this build thread over the last couple of weeks have found that the pics had been replace with a photobucket icon stating the account needed to be updated for that site to be used for third party hosting. Bottom line is they are holding my libraries hostage unless I update my account for $399.99 a year. So I went back through this thread and deleted the photobucket shots and replaced them with the same shots uploaded to this site. It took longer than I would have liked...apparently I post a lot of pictures!:D And I'm sure I got a few out of order, for which I apologize. I'll gradually be doing the same for all my threads in reverse order. Screw photobucket! It was fun to remember this build as I went back through it...and it surely has me primed to start another as soon as I can.

SR

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prostheta said:

Sorry that the cache didn't capture them Scott. No idea as to why. That sort of bothers me because I need the cache to be 100% reliable.

Several of the last few posts had pictures that were captured. My suspicion is they were the ones used in the GOTM post.

27 minutes ago, psikoT said:

Uploading the pictures to PG is the most reliable option, and probably the fastest one.

It also happened to me with Dropbox... but not sure if I have time to re-upload all the pics in my old posts.

That did take longer than I expected, maybe 3 and a half hours. A fair amount of that was verifying that I had the pics lined up with the comments correctly. I did get faster as I went....and you don't normally throw up quite as many pics as I do.

That being said, my next thread repair will probably be done in pieces.:P

SR

3-1/2hrs is unacceptable from my perspective Scott, but thank you for doing this for other people to continue enjoying your work and learning from it. Truly. :peace

This hasn't been a small issue from the admin side of the fence. The site needed a server tier upgrade which now pushes us to just over $40 a month for cloud hosting. Expensive, but it does ensure that we have a larger amount of disk space to permacache everything possible. I'm wanting to get tools developed so that admin and mods can see an image's status,whether it is remote, cached or local with the option to pull local or push from the cache to an embed. It sounds simple, but there's a lot of wider implications.

• Like 1