My ES-137 project

Crusader

On 11/15/2021 at 11:06 PM, ScottR said:

I thought I could just blithely answer that, then said it out loud a couple of times and realized I would be inaccurate. When I say it the bas is accented and rhymes with gas. The tard actually comes out as turd. And of course with an American accent and a touch of Texas drawl.:D

And in this context it translates to "pain in the ass".

SR

That's exactly how a lot of Australians pronounce it too, in fact when an Aussie puts on an American accent it often comes out like a southern drawl. Otherwise in Oz "ba" rhymes with 'car' 'far' 'bar' 'star' - and the 'stard' part comes out like you skip the vowel sound like "std" ie. "baaarstd"

I'm still trying to think of a name or an emblem to put on my guitars. I've quite often thought it would be good to have something red and came up with the idea of using the Sturt Desert Pea flower because it is very Australian. It's scientific name is "Swainsona Formosa" and thought "Formosa" would be good for the name

But I don't know how I'd get an image of the red flower onto the headstock

https://www.seeds-gallery.shop/en/home/sturt-s-desert-pea-seeds-swainsona-formosa.html

7 hours ago, Crusader said:

But I don't know how I'd get an image of the red flower onto the headstock

That sure is a stunning looking flower but trying to get the shape simplified as an identifiable logo isn't the easiest thing to do! In that inflorescence the tridimensionality is very prominent and a single flower would look alien.

1 hour ago, Bizman62 said:

That sure is a stunning looking flower but trying to get the shape simplified as an identifiable logo isn't the easiest thing to do! In that inflorescence the tridimensionality is very prominent and a single flower would look alien.

Yes I agree, I think people wouldn't recognise a single flower on its own, and locals wouldn't make the connection between "Sturt Desert Pea" and "Formosa"...and to put the last nail in the coffin for the whole idea.....the name Formosa is already taken!

https://reverb.com/item/13806570-formosa-55101-70s-possible-80s

40 minutes ago, Crusader said:

the Portuguese gave it that name in the 1500's

Funny, when I was very young it read "Taiwan (Formosa)" in the school maps. Hadn't figured out I was that old!

• Haha 2