tuning

Curtis P

What type of tuning you use most often?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i never use standard tuning. well only on my acoustic and i never play that. my classical is tuned to D standard.

i mostly play black metal and death metal.

if i want to play slayer or old zyklon, mayhem or emperor i will use Eb. classic thrash and black metal tuning. it is like evil standard tuning.

if i want to play some napalm death or at the gates or the haunted i will use D. i have always loved thick strings, so when ever i tune D the tensions is so tight and it screams with harmonics.

if i want to play with my side band AFTERBATH i will use drop D or drop C. easy to use plus it is solo freindly, even though the solos are really noisy in this band.

if i want to play strapping i will tune it to CGCGCE. strange tuning, you bar anywhere and you get a beautiful chord.

if i want to play some arch enemy or dismember or new zyklon i will use C. my 2nd favourite tuning is C and it will be used on the new AFTERBATH cd. it is not as crunchy sounding as B, but i think it sounds crispier.

but my favourite tuning is BEADF#B. it's beautiful - so crunchy and crisp. i use this tuning to play carcass or soilwork or incantation or bloodbath or if i am plain lazy i will play any of the bands listed above with it. even metallica and pantera!

i use either 10-52 or 13-56 guage or lately i have been using 13-65 for B tuning.

go head, try a weird tuning. break a string. :DB)

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I use Standard and Drop D. Occasionally I do Eb, but thats rare.

PS. The D-tuna is mad cool. Praise for EVH (pronounced Evhuh, from what I am told) who ever they are :D

99% of the time I play in standard ..... I always liked the tuning on soundgarden's "Mind Riot" ( all strings tuned to 'E' ) .... while were on the subject of tuning, if anyone out there knows which tuning(s) S.Malkmus uses on a lot of those pavement songs, that would be just super :D I know some of them are D-A-D-A-B-G , but that one won't work on "stop breathin'" (or maybe I just havn't tried hard enough)

this bbs rocks my face off

• 2 weeks later...
my favorite (from high to low) is

C#

C#

C#

C#

G#

C#

try it sometime. its use for some dashboard songs.

oh yeah, and make sure you tune the g string*giggle* down, not up. i learned that the hard way...

tell me how to do this. I can't tune by ear too well, so tell me in half steps...

I use standard and drop d. I can tune to drop D by ear, and without even using the 7th fret harmonic! WOOT!

I love guitar...

1..tune bottom E until it is the same as fourth fret on 5th string

2..tune A string to equal same as 6th string

3..tune D string down to equal same as open 6th

4..tune g string down to equal same as open 4th

5..tune b string down to equal same as open 3rd

6..tune e string down to equal same as open 2nd

B) i hope that helped, although now my brain hurts :D

dan

|-E-||---F---|-F#/Gb-|---G---|-G#/Ab-|---A---|---Bb--|---B---|---C---|-C#/Db-|---D---|-D#/Eb-|---E---|

|-B-||---C---|-C#/Db-|---D---|-D#/Eb-|---E---|---F---|-F#/Gb-|---G---|-G#/Ab-|---A---|---Bb--|---B---|

|-G-||-G#/Ab-|---A---|---Bb--|---B---|---C---|-C#/Db-|---D---|-D#/Eb-|---E---|---F---|-F#/Gb-|---G---|

|-D-||-D#/Eb-|---E---|---F---|-F#/Gb-|---G---|-G#/Ab-|---A---|---Bb--|---B---|---C---|-C#/Db-|---D---|

|-A-||---Bb--|---B---|---C---|-C#/Db-|---D---|-D#/Eb-|---E---|---F---|-F#/Gb-|---G---|-G#/Ab-|---A---|

|-E-||---F---|-F#/Gb-|---G---|-G#/Ab-|---A---|---Bb--|---B---|---C---|-C#/Db-|---D---|-D#/Eb-|---E---|

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 ||   1   |   2   |   3   |   4   |   5   |   6   |   7   |   8   |   9   |   10  |   11  |   12  |

helpful thing :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

im 100% standard, well i shoudnt say 100, more like 80

• 2 weeks later...