tuning

Curtis P

What type of tuning you use most often?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i voted standard..but its only relative standard

tuned in the same intervals but when i string up my guitars i start with low e and just tighten it until it sounds low enough, then i tune up from that

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no C tuning??????? you standardist!!!!

LOL, thanks for reminding me, I also use three! C-variations on occasion. But things tend to get confusing.

EGCGCE

CGCGCE

CGCEGC

I remember getting a phone call from a friend who I was visiting earlier. "What the hell did you do to my guitar and how do I fix it???!! Its all out of TUNE!!!!" I was messing around with his acoustic and must've forgotten to set it back to natural tuning, lol. Always good for a laugh, let them figure it out, its a learning experience.

Drop C all the way. im a system fiend so i dropped it down and chucked some Ernie ball power slinkies on there lol.

tho actually atm its not in dropped tuning and is just sitting in D, needed to get back to playing power chords again lol

most of the time its standard, but I to love System of a down, so I'm down to drop C on one of my guitars all the time

• 2 weeks later...
i usually play the intro to smells like teen spirit, then i know if its in tune, then crazy train, smoke on water and thenchords, thats how i tune for standard :D

i just hit the 5th and 7th fret harmonics... :D:D

I use a Tuner B)

Novel idea huh? :D

mines broke, but i did use it for awhile until i could tune by ear B)

good question. on my acoustic, i tune every string down a full step. it just has more of a bodied sound to it then, it seems. keep a capo clipped onto the headstock just in case. on my guitar, standard, but occasionally i bring it down to drop-D just to mess around.

Mostly standard because I don't like to change strings, and being tuned to standard E, keeps old strings sounding pretty good.

I often tune to E flat. I can sing better like that too.

I also like to tune to D flat, but I still haven't devoted a guitar to that, but plan to.

My wife has an old classical guitar that sound great in D flat.

I have 2 songs that I drop the 6th string down to B, with the other strings tuned standard.

earlier this evening I pulled this super cheap , old 23" scale length acoustic off the wall. It's a "wall hanger" guitar. I started using a wrench socket as a slide, and it seems this crappy guitar has an awesome slide tone. Now I just need to find out how you tune a guitar for slide work. It should be tuned up higher than E, that's all I know, so far.

When i first started playing, i mainly used drop-D cos it was so easy to play powerchords that sounded good!

Ive now come to appreciate standard tuning alot more, esp. when playing Metallica. I tend to tune the same as Weezer does, kinda realtive to eachother. Every now and again, things really get out of whack and i have to use a tuner to get the low E right.

Is it just me or does the low E power chord sound much better in standard tune than drop-D? Think thats just me B)

I have used drop-C to play System and AADGBE when playing Stacked actors (it sounds exactly like Dave :D )

i use the modified buzz feiten tunign system for non modded guitars.

if you like open lush tunings try this one..

E bA B bA B E reversed harmony from blackened

E B G D A E octave spanner