anyone use a Traynor amp

Curtis P

Traynor amp? i ran into a stack today, with head, all works, kinda beat up, but not too bad, sounds awesome! i might phone the kid up and offer him a trade on my amp plus some cash, he doesnt play too much, and all, he doesnt need that big amp, he got it at a yard sale i believe, well, from what his mom said, it sounded like that,

anyone use or play one of these amps?

Curtis

Yeah. Alex started freaking me out with all that stuff about stolen plans and dastardly underhanded whatnots, lifted from here, so I pull my pics after about a week.

Ain't no one lookin' at 'em anyway after a week or so... :D

So uh, what kind of Traynor exactly?

Got pics?

Pics help a whole lot to tell me when it was made.

You can PM me if you want about it.

Me big Traynor fan.

Shhhhhhhhh. Mum's the word. B)

Supposedly they came stock with Hammond transformers, which is good, but they're made in Canada, so they have some goofy circuitry going on that requires modding if you want 'em more Fendery or Marshally sounding.

Actually the one model with the goofy stuff might be a bass amp that needs to be modded to sound like a Marshall or something, so no snow balls getting tossed at me from up north, ok ? B):D

My first amp was a Traynor. I liked it. I think Triumph used to endorse Traynor and now that you mention that they are made in Canada, I guess that makes sense. Triumph was a pretty cool band back in the 70's, 80's for the younger guys. Rik Emmet played guitar and was the lead singer - a very talented guy.

Not that it matters who endorses them - it just reminded me of a band that I kinda forgot about.

ok, Drak, when you get the pics up, let me know, this one is OLD OLD school i'll tell you that, it takes a few minutes to warm up! i was playin his guitar without the amp on, he turned it on and i thought that the volume on the guitar wasnt turned up, checked it, yea it was, checked the amp, volume was pretty loud, i said is it working? he said it takes a few minutes to warm up, i just kept playing, then heard a faint sound then BAM just came out, scared the be jeezes outta me!

I have a friend who owns a Traynor that he is not at all happy with. He wants to flog it ASAP in lieu of a smaller wattage tube-style amp. This Traynor is 100 watts and all SS. He says you can't really get any decent sound out of it unless its cranked to at least 5. That will DEFINITELY wake up the baby and he doesn't like making noise in the first place. I don't like making noise either, even tho I have a Musicman 210 Sixtyfive (that amp is LOUD). I prefer to play thru my Rockman X100 with the headphones when practicing at home.

well, most of the time i play when only myself and my brother is home, my parents dont get home till about 6: every night, and since they leave about 5:30 in the mornin, i play in the mornin before school as well, i then crank it and try to compete with my bros radio :D