strats vs tele

Gobbo

A stock strat looks better than a stock tele. But a stock tele sounds better than a stock strat.

the reasons are, in my opinion :

Tele ain't got no stupid tremelo

Tele bridge pickup has more "balls" (not sure all the reasons. one is that it's connected to the metal of the bridge )

Less tone-robbing plastic on the tele

brass barrel saddles sound a hell of a lot better than those strat thin bent steel saddles.

Ok, the tele headstock is a mystery to me, why they made it look like such crap. They should have made it 3 on a side tuners, with more traditional shape. Got a pic of a tele on a fender catalog with the neck I'm talking about. Looks way better.

maybe a little more wood on the tele body ? Not sure that would make it sound better, tho.

Strat- seduces you

Tele- rips and slashes you

Strat - it's all about the rhythm and middle pkps

Tele - it's all about the bridge pkp

Strat - shaped like a woman

Tele - shaped like a lumberjack

Strat - for 30 and undersomethings

Tele - for 30 and oversomethings

Strat - Rock Guitar 101

Tele - Country Guitar 101

Strat - Woman Tone

Tele - Twangler Tone

You got it now? :D

thats all crap!!!! B)

any guitar doesent make the difference at all the only difference is the player!! :D

if you give clapton a heavy metal guitar that bull on clean he will NEVER EVER play that!!the reason why he plays a strat with lays snsor coz i'ts his style....

if your style is country take a tele.. if you do clasic rock with verry crappy sound on distortion take a strat!!

thats all crap!!!! 

any guitar doesent make the difference at all the only difference is the player!! 

if you give clapton a  heavy metal guitar that bull on clean he will NEVER EVER play that!!the reason why he plays a strat with lays snsor coz i'ts his style....

if your style is country take a tele.. if you do clasic rock with verry crappy sound on distortion take a strat!!

*sigh*... here we go again.

my bad, didnt mean to start anythin.

*has a better idea of what people talk about now for tele vs strat*

im goping to have to make a huge trip of like 3 hours to the music store and try out everything i possibly can lol bass, acoustic, electified wood, hell ill even try drums or somethin like that XD

my bad, didnt mean to start anythin.

Hey it is completely okay to ask that question. It is only very difficult to get answers that really help you and usually these questions end in stupid flame wars. The problem is that this kind of topics always magically attract all kind of trolls and people like Kilowat who not only write completely unfounded bullshit but don't even care about writing grammatically correct sentences or check if their spelling is way off.

If you really want an answer then it would be best to check both guitars out.

If you do that there are some things you should look out for if you want to find differences:

1. The Tele should sound "twangier" then the Strat

2. The Tele should have more sustain, because it has no tremolo

3. The Strat has a more comfortable shape and a contoured armrest

4. The Strat gives you more different sounds because of the three PU's and the possibilities to combine them. You should especially check out how the strat sounds if you select the neck and the middle pu's together and play clean. I think this produces the typical Strat rythm sound which is quite unique.

Keep that in mind if you check both guitars out....

Good luck,

MK!

A cheap parts guitar strat can quite easily be modded to sound enough like a tele, or exactly like a tele, if you consider that a particular guitar often has a subtle sound all it's own, so you can't nail it all down perfectly.

Hey, NOW you're preachin' to the choir! :D

Body%20Shot%202%20(51Kred).jpg

lays snsor

must be some new flavor of potato chip

or what you use to find chips you dropped between the sofa cusions.

*oh no! i dropped a potato chip, and it fell in !*

*don't worry! (pulls out big contraption that says lays sensor on it, finds potato chip, and eats it)*

• 2 weeks later...