First full electric guitar build

Wow! There's lots of interesting things going on in this build! Definitely worth following.

Dowels might have been cleaner, faster and easier than the filler. Then again, that would have required a dowel making tool (easy to make if you have the materials needed) and a LOT of hammering. Thus, mission accomplished, well done!

The fretboard looks like ash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottR said:

You've come up with several clever solutions to problems here. I'm looking forward to seeing this completed.

Take your time though.:)

SR

Well, the only other choice was to to it again by hand which was just painful  experience in case of a top hand rip saw. Glad I came up with this idea, making the jigs was well worth it .......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

Wow! There's lots of interesting things going on in this build! Definitely worth following.

Dowels might have been cleaner, faster and easier than the filler. Then again, that would have required a dowel making tool (easy to make if you have the materials needed) and a LOT of hammering. Thus, mission accomplished, well done!

The fretboard looks like ash.

Never thought about dowel option, not sure I have tools for that ......... anyways thanks for suggestions, will consider it in the future.  Drilling holes by hand and filling with wood filler did not produce perfect  result but I am ok with that ...... still looks cool, hope for the best after applying final finish ......

7 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

dowel option, not sure I have tools for that

The dowel making tool is simple: You need a thick steel plate, some 5 mm or 1/4" should do, and a sturdy bottomless box type frame for that. Drill holes on it with the smallest increments you can find, 0.5 mm is good. Make sticks that are slightly thicker than the dowels you need, knock down the corners by hammering the sticks through oversize holes first and go down the sizes until you've reached your destination thickness. Custom sized dowels made of any wood you can find!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bizman62 said:

The dowel making tool is simple: You need a thick steel plate, some 5 mm or 1/4" should do, and a sturdy bottomless box type frame for that. Drill holes on it with the smallest increments you can find, 0.5 mm is good. Make sticks that are slightly thicker than the dowels you need, knock down the corners by hammering the sticks through oversize holes first and go down the sizes until you've reached your destination thickness. Custom sized dowels made of any wood you can find!

Interesting idea, not too complicated, ........thank again for suggestion!

4 hours ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Since I do not have band saw, I made a jig for cutting scarf joint with mitre saw, 15-ish angle. It required some leveling/sanding later on but  it worked pretty well.

Interesting idea...the one power tool I didn't try (yet) but wish I had ... you're getting amazing results BTW. Love this one