Best concert / Worst concert

daveq

The best Concert for is a toss up between RUSH-VAPOR TRAILS TOUR AND G3'01....Rush takes the edge with a flawless unbelievable concert...it waslike you were listening to a CD...lol and i was way back on the grass at the venue. Of course G3 was awsome in its right being i got to see my fav. guitarsist all play on the same stage Satch,Vai,Petrucci...even billy gibbons "ZZ" at the end of the jam session.....and that concert was flawless as well...................The worst..well lol it would be a free concert back in '86 i think....Cheap Trick put a free concert on outside Six Flags Astroworld theme park.....i spent more time with my fingers in my ears....they should shot the sound guy.....good thing it was free lol......I would say another best is Dream theater: SDOIT tour but i was sick but didnt want to miss it so i mustered up the strength to enjoy what i could....so my fault on that one and there tour last year with Queensryche was pretty good....what didnt get a full thumbs up was being Houston was the opener for that part of thre tour and we were delayed and hour getting in cause of "fire inspector code check ups" Fates warning was already playing, dream theaters set went pretty fast (to quick to soak it in and enjoy) and Queensryche's replacement guitarist messed up acouple times on some good songs.....lol so i am hoping and praying that Dream Theaters TOT tour "an evening with" will swing by Houston this year

Best: ZZTop. Helped my brother-in-law run the bar before the show. We sold over US$7000 worth of beer in less that 3 hours.

Worst: Cliff Richard. What a w----r. Boring in the extreme. Only exciting bit was when a derranged fan (or perhaps critic) tried to drag him away from the mike screaming "You're killing God"

Keith

Only exciting bit was when a derranged fan (or perhaps critic) tried to drag him away from the mike screaming "You're killing God"

hahahahahah cereal coming out of my nose, but it was totally worth it :D

Not best or worse but definitely most liquer! Saw Santana just before Supernatural came out. My buddy and I pushed his drunk, good looking wife on the stage. She started dancing and Carlos stepped back while security made her get off. Carlos played on not missing a beat. After he came over and handed us picks. It was too cool and a great concert to boot!

hahahahahah cereal coming out of my nose, but it was totally worth it

Weezerboy

You probably would have puked from laughter if you had been there. He had just finished singing that stupid "Devil Woman" when this all happened. Guess thats what set her off. Nearly set me off as well. Don't no why I went in the first place other than I think some friends had already bought tickets.

Keith

i went to an eric clapton gig a few years ago...he was great ...support was great.. Doyle Brahmall The 2nd And Smokestack.....and very poor...some old guys that sing and look pretty dead.......

plus i was sat on the big piece of wood that they put ontop of the ice rink....meh, at least my drink was cold, and my feet, ankles, knees, butt, back, shoulders, head, neck, ears, hands, arms, :D

That's really tough. Especially since I usually avoid huge concerts cuz I just don't like the scene.

BEST- Either Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade in 2002 at Vic in Chicago, or Mighty Mighty Bosstones at Metro (Chicago) in 1993. Oh man, and Kyuss w/ White Zombie (oh yeah I think that Danzig played yawn)... at the Riv? in Chicago in like 92 or something I don't even remember. Oh shoot, Helmet & Faith No More were great at Western Univ. IL in '92 too. Darn I can't choose. Oh darn it all I just remembered Clutch at the Fireside Bowl (Chicago) in ??? 99-ish.

Worst- The Orb at Metro (don't ask) AND The Warped Tour in 98 or some year who knows, because it rained and Sick of It All was cancelled. That and all the bands were awful.